Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stuck In The Spyware Pit

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cybergeek2.0

cybergeek2.0

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 28 October 2006 - 03:33 PM

Ok, I'm not exactly sure about which spyware or viruses are causing these problems but here are my symptoms.

1. My IE explorer homepage keeps changing to www.ieuptodate.com
2.Many web sites are getting redirected to a page trying to get my to buy spyheal.
3.Many popups about security programs

I have tried the following programs to fix the problems:

1. Spybot S&D
2.Webroot Spy Sweeper
3.Xoftspy 4.22

Any help would be greatly appreciated

-Will

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 waterfalls

waterfalls

Malware Exorcist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 621 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 29 October 2006 - 05:26 AM

Hi,

Download the current version of HijackThis from here and save it to a convenient location. This is a self-executing file, so just double-click the file and it will install itself in its own folder in Program Files.

After installing, open HijackThis and click "Do a system scan and save a logfile." After it has finished scanning, Notepad will open with the log.

Post back with the copy of the log.
Take only memories, leave nothing but footprints.

Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users