Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Guild Wars Problem

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jorygifford

Jorygifford

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 28 October 2006 - 05:13 AM

Im loving this game but unfortunatley my computer doesnt even reach the min. req. to run it. It will run, but barely. Is there a way to maybe lower any settings in the game to enhance proformance rather than quality? (i did set the vcard driver to max preformance not quality, helped a little) And if not, since it will run the game, but lags when multiple people, or enimes move about on the screen, do i need a better processer or video card? Or both??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2006 - 11:25 AM

I'd need to know the specs of you computer?
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#3 Jorygifford

Jorygifford
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2006 - 06:15 AM

So i can adjust the quality of the graphics ingame right there under options, stupid me, it helps but not much. I have a AMD semphron 3200+ processer, and a geforce 6150 LE video card 128MB svm, 256MB RAM. The game req. a min. of
800 MHz Pentium III or equivalent
256 MB RAM
ATI Radeon 8500 or GeForce 3 or 4 MX with 32MB of video memory
What would be the cheapest route to playing this game smoothly?

#4 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2006 - 11:26 AM

Kind of hard to say. Do you have a buget? Because more RAM should help, but if it lags when multiple people are around it could be the video card.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#5 Jorygifford

Jorygifford
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2006 - 05:51 AM

Yeah definitly on a budget. Thats the problem and thats why i want to find out what would be the most effective route, video card, processor, ram, ect. Cause i cant afford to do them all right now.

#6 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 08 November 2006 - 10:30 AM

TBH, I'd upgrade the ram first, then the video card. Stay away from areas that have a lot of characters in it, as that will slow the computer down. If you're in a town that's got a lot of people in it, try switching to another district, or even the international districts.

Under options, drop the resolution to the lowest settings, and then ensure that all the shadow features and any "extras" (I can't remember what's on there for options right now) are either off or unchecked.

Hope this helps!
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#7 Rorgath

Rorgath

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2006 - 10:45 AM

I agree with Steve, RAM first.

You should be able to get 1 GB of RAM for around 100 dollars, maybe less.

If you ever get messages about Windows increasing the size of your virtual memory, this would confirm the need for more RAM.

Another thought, what kind of internet connection are you using? If you are using dial-up (yes, some people have no choice) that would cause the same problems, and upgrading your PC might not ave any effect.

Hope this helps.
[font=Book Antiqua]Volunteer at your local Fire Department or Rescue Squad

#8 Jorygifford

Jorygifford
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2006 - 11:38 AM

I have cable. But i do get that virtural memory message. So thats RAM? Ok, ill do with that first

#9 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2006 - 12:34 PM

Yes, what's happening is that your computer is using up all the ram that it has installed, and is having to go to the hard drive for more memory.

Check out this post HERE. It's got very helpful information provided by usasma, and will tell you how to adjust your page file, which might help until you get more ram. :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users