Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie 7

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sharpie

sharpie

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 28 October 2006 - 12:34 AM

should i download the new ie 7? is it good? i see the advertisement when i go to my home page.. :thumbsup:

(Moderator edit: added topic description. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 28 October 2006 - 12:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 28 October 2006 - 04:12 AM

I downloaded it last week, did not like it. I prefer the buttons on top, you know, the print, home, favorites, I'm used to IE6 and Firefox, guess I'm just old and into change much... :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2006 - 06:01 AM

Hi Wildabeast.
If you're using XPPro, you can use gpedit to put the menu bar back on top like it was in IE6.
(User Config> Admin Templates> Windows Components> IE). Right click "Move menu bar above the navigation bar'", click '"Properties", then check 'Enabled'.
If you're using XPhome, you can put the menu bar back on top with a reg entry.
Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser.
Create a new DWORD value and name it "ITBar7Position" (no quotes) and give it a value of 1.
Exit the reg, relaunch IE7.
One thing you will notice is that if the Favorites "Center" is expanded on the left, the menu bar and address field bar will switch places. Close the Favorites center and the menu bar is back on top again. It's due to a space constraint with the new search feature to the right of the address bar.
In XPPro, you can again use gpedit to get rid of that as well.

Edited by HitSquad, 28 October 2006 - 06:02 AM.

#4 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,260 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2006 - 10:16 AM

Thanx Hitsquad, but your'e to late, I did something to my computer and ended up reformatting a couple of days ago. I just didn't put IE7 back on...
But someday I know I'll have to, so I'll print this out to help me then! :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2006 - 12:34 PM

If you are only using IE6, I would certainly urge you install it. IE7 brings modern features, liked tabbed browsing, as well as some improvements in security over IE6.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,260 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2006 - 12:28 AM

I use Firefox too, but like almost everything else "Uncle Bill" put out, I'm sure IE7 will be better down the road. So I'll wait for the first few fixes to come out. :thumbsup:
Ronald Reagan

#7 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 29 October 2006 - 02:44 PM

Me being a Firefox user, I'm thus not likely to use IE7, but I still got it. There are a lot of applications that use the IE engine to display information from the web, and IE7 adds security to them.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users