Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware adds itself to ignore lists

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tweener

Tweener

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 20 December 2004 - 02:10 PM

I had a VERY bad infection at the end of November that it took two days to clean up. I run Adaware and Spybot S&D regularly to check for anything new and just noticed today that I had two items in my ignore list on Adaware. They turned out to be Coolsearch and Clickspring. I took 'em both out, but never put them in there in the first place! A scan turned neither up. I checked the settings on Spybot S&D and found the same kind of thing, and after un-checking all products from the ignore list, a scan turned up a few items from MyWebSearch! I would suggest that everyone check their ignore lists immediately prior to running these tools. And don't forget to update the pattern files!
There are 10 kinds of people, those that understand binary - and those that don't.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 20 December 2004 - 05:05 PM

Now that sounds bad better check mine?>>>

0 user(s) are reading this topic