Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can You Make A Ps2 Play Xbox Games?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 holytoaster4

holytoaster4

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 27 October 2006 - 02:24 PM

I wonder what you need to do to convert a ps2 to play xbox games preferably still playing ps2 games also. If you can how do you do it. How much $
TOASTERS WILL RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sion Sheevok

Sion Sheevok

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2006 - 02:28 PM

Can't. It's like trying to run a Windows program on a Mac or reading Shakespeare (in English) in China. Totally different language, can't be read the same. PCs are a different story because you can modify PCs much more, thus there are emulators. Emulators are usually extremely weak or only play certain titles.

#3 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 27 October 2006 - 05:30 PM

You can therorecticly run Windows on a Xbox though, because it literaly uses off the shelf computer componants. But you'd have to break the security measures. I've opend up mine it's just a Pentium 3, a normal standerd IDE Seagate hardrive with a modified Geforce 3 or something.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#4 holytoaster4

holytoaster4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2006 - 01:04 AM

hmm, well that would also be cool to put windows on an xbox i might have to look into that later but the reason i put this in software and hardware is because i wonder how many things you need to change in the ps2 to make it work for xbox or probably a shorter answer would be what don't you need to change. :trumpet: :inlove: :cool: :woot: :huh: :cool: :thumbsup: :flowers:

#5 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 30 October 2006 - 10:59 PM

Like Sion Sheevok said. It's totaly diffrent. The Xbox runs off a Celeron/Pentium 3 single core general processor. The PS2 runs on a 128bit, 300Mhz "Emotion Engine" that has multiple co-processors. I don't even think there is a universal PC emulator for it. Some of the games were coded very specificly for the PS2 hardware.

I really wouldn't even try it, as you'd be better off buying an Xbox and I'd say it's close to impossible to make the PS2 play Xbox games, hardware wise the PS2 isn't as powerful.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#6 holytoaster4

holytoaster4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2006 - 02:55 PM

yeah, you're right i see the stupidity in my post now

i heard that sony is putting a patent on the ps3 that's not true right?

#7 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2006 - 05:25 PM

umm wouldn't they anyways? Whats so bad if they patent it?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#8 holytoaster4

holytoaster4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2006 - 12:32 PM

you can only play games on your console, i for one get a lot of games because other people don't want them anymore that won't be possible anymore, or at least it will be a pain in the ass

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users