You can also try this.Download, install and update AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5
. Print out and follow the AVG Anti-Spyware Install-Scan Instructions
for installing and updating.DO NOT perform a scan yet
.Download Brute Force Uninstaller
and save it to your desktop (right-click on the link and choose Save Link As... if using IE).
- Click My Computer, then C:\
- In the menu bar, go to File-> New-> Folder.
- That will create a folder named New Folder, which you can rename to "BFU"
- Unzip/extract bfu.zip to the new folder named BFU in this location: C:\BFU
(Click here for information on how to do this if not sure. Win 9x/2000 users click here. A ZIP file requires an unzipping utility. If you need one, download 7zip (its free).
Next, RIGHT-CLICK HERE
and choose "Save As
" (in IE it's "Save Target As") in order to download Alcra Remover
it in your C:\BFU folder
.Do not run the Uninstaller and the Remover yet
.Reboot your computer in SAFE MODE
" using the F8
method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup [but before the Windows icon appears] press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".
Then scan with AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5
per the instructions you printed out and reboot normally.Note: Close all open windows, programs, and DO NOT USE the computer while AVG Anti-Spyware is scanning. Doing so can hamper AVG Anti-Spyware's ability to clean properly and may result in reinfection.
Open My Computer and navigate to the C:\BFU
- Start the Brute Force Uninstaller by double-clicking BFU.exe
- Next to the 'Scriptfile to execute' window, you'll see a small blue icon.
- When you click that icon, a little window will open that says: "Please enter the full URL to the sript you want to execute".
For a photo reference, see here
- In the scriptline to execute field copy and paste c:\bfu\alcanshorty.bfu
- Click "OK"
- Then click "Execute".
- Wait for the complete script execution box to popup and press "OK".
- Click the option to save a logfile.
- Press "Exit" to terminate the BFU program.
Reboot normally and perform a scan with F-Secure Online Scanner
. Be sure to follow the directions on the F-Secure page for proper Installation.
1. Click on the link "F-Secure Online Scanner Next Generation Beta
2. You may receive an alert on the address bar at this point to install the ActiveX control.
3. Click on that alert and then click "Insall ActiveX component
4. Read the license agreement and click "Accept
5. Click "Custom Scan
" and be sure the following are checked:
- Scan whole System
- Scan all files
- Scan whole system for rootkits
- Scan whole system for spyware
- Scan inside archives
- Use advanced heuristics
6. When the scan completes, click the "I want to decide item by item
7. For each item found, Select "Disinfect
" and click "Next