Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pictures Don't Always Display In Yahoo! Mail

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wcl99

wcl99

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 27 October 2006 - 11:01 AM

I use Windows XP and just upgraded to Firefox v2.0 and Yahoo Mail. Often, when I try to forward an e-mail (inline text with picture) the picture is deleted and I get some text in it's place. The text is always the same: 

When I display full headers I've noticed that the pictures that don't display have the following information:

Mime-Version: 1.0 (Apple Message framework v752.2)
X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=Apple-Mail-949715394...

Pictures that do display do NOT have the Apple Message framework information in the header.

Has anyone else had this problem? How have you resolved it? Whatever information you can provide will be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 27 October 2006 - 10:09 PM

Those are probably being sent to you by a Mac user. If that's the case, they will have to make the attachments Windows friendly. See article here:

Apple Mail Help

#3 buttoni

buttoni

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 29 October 2006 - 06:38 PM

I just installed Firefox 1.5 two days ago (new user) only to learn today that Firefox 2.0 is out. Installed it and it's running fine. I am also on a WinXP machine and use Yahoo Mail. I just got an email from a MAC user and her emails are coming through just fine as they always do. Firefox 2.0 isn't causing me any Yahoo mail problems that I can see, but she didn't have a picture attached to confirm that comment. Maybe something in the MAC user's email configuration is causing this for you? or the picture format (extension) is wrong for a Windows system? Sorry I have no other thoughts on this.
HP Pavilion desktop p6270z; 8 GB ram; Win7 Home Premium x64 bit; FX 4.0; DSL 2Wire modem/router; MVPS Hosts; Comodo FW 5.3(D+ & Sandbox enabled); MSSE; MBAM on demand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users