Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dll Module Of System 32 Cannot Be Found

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tempest1961

Tempest1961

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 27 October 2006 - 04:56 AM

Since my last post when i tried deleting a trojan, seems as though all the malware removers that i have used may have found another virus in one of my library files and may have removed it also. The following message comes up when i start my computer:

RUN DLL : Error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\udolgkc.dll The specified module could not be found

It seems as though because of this the system takes ages to load.
What can i do.

Is it that my pc is telling me its time toget a new one. I bought this in 2002

Tempest

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 27 October 2006 - 10:12 AM

How did you try to delete the trojan?

Run The Windows OneCare Free Scan (on-line scan)
To run the Windows One Care Free Scan
Go to Windows Live Onecare Free Scan site using Internet Explorer.
It will say "Get a free PC safety scan"
http://safety.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm

Make sure you click "Full Service Scan" in the middle of the page and
not the "Try It Now Free" offer on the right side.

Allow the download of an Active X component.
Choose "Complete Scan" in the window that opens
Click "Next"
Do not click on anything else that offers you a free trial or to sign up if you live in the US.

Allow it to scan - it may take quite a while, possibly two hours or so depending on the size of your hard drive is and how fragmented your registry and drive may be.

After completing the Windows OneCare Free Scan run both Adaware and Spybot Search and Destroy from safe mode, (updating each program’s malware definitions before you reboot into safe mode to run the scans) and allow both to fix what they find.

If you do not already have these freeware aps installed on your computer, you can get them at the following sites:

*AdAware SE:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download506.html

*Spybot S&D:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

Following that that I suggest you post a “HijackThis” log in the “Hijack This” Logs and Analysis Forum for expert assistance with your malware infection.

Read the pinned post in our “HijackThis Logs and Analysis” forum,
here
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
Carefully read and follow all directions.

Following the instructions create a HJT log, and POST THE HJT LOG THAT YOU CREATED IN OUR HJT LOGS AND ANALYSIS FORUM – not in this forum,
at this link.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/posthjtlog.html
Include the specs for your computer (i.e., what processor, amount of RAM, brand or motherboard, etc, and briefly describe the problem you are experiencing.)

Unless you are expert at editing the registry, Do not use the Hijack This program to try to fix anything by yourself as even what may seem to be a small mistake can render your operating system inoperable.
Some files when in the correct folder for them may be fine while in another may be malware hiding.

A member of our expert HJT Team will analyze your log, make recommendations and offer assistance, walking you through the complete repair process.

It may take a short period of time to get a response to the log you posted because the members of our HJT Team are kept very busy.
Posting your Hijack This log anywhere but in the Hijack This Logs and Analysis forum will delay their response as it will require a moderator to move the log there before the HJT Team will see it and it will fall behind other logs posted after yours was posted, so be sure to post your log in the Hijack This Logs and Analysis forum.

Please be patient as this team is manned by volunteers. They will help you in order received as soon as possible.

NOTE
Once you have posted your HJT log, please DO NOT make any additional posts in the HJT Logs and Analysis forum thread you created until you get a response from a member of our HJT expert team, and do not make any additional changes to your system (changes, including any attempted repairs, will make your computer to be different than as represented in the log you posted and therefore make your log inaccurate).

The first criteria the HJT Team has when looking for logs that need replies are posts showing 0 replies. If you make an additional post, it will show as having had 1 reply.
A team member, looking for a new log that requires help might well assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and might not open the thread to respond.

So, post your HJT Log in our HJT Forum (not here in this forum) and wait for a response from a HJT team member.

After you post your log, please do not make any changes to your computer. Discontinue trying to delete anything with any program as changes will make your HJT log obsolete and waste valuable time spent by our HJT experts analyzing the log made inaccurate by changes and therefore their plan formulated to address the problems will also be obsolete.

If after 5 days you still have gotten no response, then post a re-request and a link to your HJT log HERE.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic14717.html

Make sure you post your HJT log in the HJT forum, not here, because if you post it here in this forum the response from our HJT Team will be delayed because the post will have to be moved before they see it and it will fall in line behind many others posted that same day.

#3 Tempest1961

Tempest1961
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 27 October 2006 - 11:39 AM

Hey Enthusiast,
Thanks for your response. I used your guidelines similar towhat you've sent here today to get rid of the pesky beast.

I also sent my hijack log for y'all to look at. Did that two days ago

the question I have is whether there is anyway I can install the dll file that is now missing. I suspect that is the reason for the lethargic performance of my computer now.

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 27 October 2006 - 11:48 AM

Before you do anything else wait until the Hijack This team inspects your log and declares it free of malware.

Any changes you make will make the log they are working on useless, as it will no longer represent the system state in your computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users