Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Usb Problems Since Installing Zboard

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hecate

hecate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 27 October 2006 - 03:27 AM

Hello
I am a WoW player and recently bought and installed the Zboard with the WoW extension pack (keybrd pack) and since then I have had repeated probelms with my USB devices and my p+p. I installed the sofware with the kbrd and then went online to download the updates. Only updates available for UK = Zengine. Donwloaded and installled this, but it did not want to install easily the first time. I have ended up installing and uninstalling now several times. I did get the kboard to work and downloaded the MoD file for the kboard.
Problems experienced were: my dvd burner/player stopped stopped working, unplugged and reinstalled, along with cd burner, now both play but the dvd burner doesn't burn. Since then I experienced errors with Zengine failing to start, reporting system logic errors when XP tries to start it. I then lost the ability to connect my Ipod to my pc...it is no longer recognised at all when I plug it into the USB slot. I know this is a convoluted problem, and I am wondering if anyone has any ideas or suggestions that might help me ? I have considered trying to reinstall the OS.... but don't know if that would 'fix' it. At the moment I live with a kbrd that causes a bleeping pc when it tires to load. It works for basic functions, but as Zengine fails to start I cannot use the MoD file so I might as well use any old kboard at all...
Anyone have any idea where to start ?

Edited by hecate, 27 October 2006 - 03:27 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 28 October 2006 - 06:09 AM

Hi hecate.
Any chance you're using an HP computer?
Reason I ask is that there is an unresolved issue causing your exact problem.
The ZBoard is not yet compatable with HP computers due to a driver issue.
It is being worked on however. (according to thier website) :thumbsup:

Edited by HitSquad, 28 October 2006 - 06:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users