Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Print Q Blues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Darren De Wilde

Darren De Wilde

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 26 October 2006 - 08:26 PM

Dear all,

I recently noticed after removing Ubuntu Linux and repairing Windows (after getting a worrying error message at boot up) that when deleting a print job, the print manager seems to stop and permanently displays status "deleting" for the job I am trying to delete.

So far I have had to restart Windows to make it act and clear the print manager window..if I have a few other print jobs in the queue nothing after the job being deleted will print. I tried clicking cancel job for that being deleted but there is no diff...even when cancelling all print jobs the jobs in queue disappear rapid except the job being deleted.

the printer does the job but the driver for the printer (Lexmark 1100 series) shows 99% and stops despite the job actually being printed. Also the same job is still queued under print manager and I endure the above mentioned problem.

I recently upgraded my memory to 1GB (512 X2). One of the modules was purchased in an emergency situation from Staples (it has not given a problem btw) and the other from crucial.com...would a memory problem be causing this?

All advice is much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2006 - 06:25 PM

My systems do this periodically - usually it's the result of a poorly executed command on my part (starting the print job before I turn on the printer, etc).

Since you've repaired Windows, I'd think that the next step would be to uninstall the printer software and remove the printer from your Printers folder. Then unplug it and reboot. Then, install the printer software according to the manufacturer's instructions.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Darren De Wilde

Darren De Wilde
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2006 - 09:07 PM

USASMA,

Thank you for your reply...it was a real nightmare recovering from the linux uninstall. I did as you suggested shortly before reading your reply and it seems fine.

Thanks v. much again.
Darren

post closed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users