Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Odd Audio Problem Just On My Windows Xp Account...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DerickM

DerickM

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 26 October 2006 - 07:04 PM

Alright here goes, I am running Windows XP with SP2 and recently (Yesterday) no sound at all will Play on my account (Even "Windows XP" sounds which I checked following the advice of windows troubleshooting guide).

I have a multi-user computer so my sister and father have thier own accounts on here. All sounds will play on both of thier accounts but not mine. I have followed the windows trouble-shooting guide all the way through and it all checks out fine, I have done the following:

1: Speaker Check
2: Mute Check
3: Physical check of all wires plugged into compter and other devices
4: Volume check (checked volume settings in "Sounds and Audio Devices Properties" all is fine there)
5: Device Managers Check (As per Windows Troubleshooting/ No "!" or "?" on any devices)
6: Driver Check (All are updated)
7: Virus Check (Using AVG, No Virus detected)
8: Spyware/Malware check (Using Spybot Search and Destroy, Nothing Found)
9: Ad-Aware Check (A few tracking cookies which were deleted)
10: Threatend Computer with Sledgehammer (No Effect, :thumbsup: )

Keep in Mind this is ONLY on MY Windows XP account, sounds will play just fine on OTHER peoples accounts on this computer

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 06 November 2006 - 03:24 PM

Hi DerickM! The only think that I can think of is to go into the control panel and open up the "Sound and Audio Devices", then click on the Advanced button. Go through and make sure that nothing has been inadvertantly muted or turned down. Then click on the "Sounds" tabe at the top of the pop up window, and look under "sound scheme" and ensure that 'No Sounds" isn't selected. You can switch it to "Windows Default" or create your own and save it.

Go through all the settings and double check to make sure that everything is set correctly (or at least to default settings for trouble shooting purposes).

Good luck with this and let us know how you make out! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users