Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sound In My Internet Browsers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ckstrong01

ckstrong01

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 26 October 2006 - 06:31 PM

I know this is a somewhat common problem, but I have tried everything and the one thread that looked promising...fizzled out. Here is my predicament:

Neither Mozilla Firefox 2 or Internet Explorer 6 will play audio. Sites such as YouTube and MySpace have no sound at all, however, embedded players such as QuickTime and Windows Media Player work on the webpages.

I have checked all the volume setting boxes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my Realtek AC97 Audio Drivers. Now two things concern me and I think they may be related to my problem, 1)In my volume settings I have the box checked that says "place volume icon in taskbar" yet the speaker icon is nowhere to be found (and yes I have gone into the hidden icons place and it isn't there either)....2)I have no systems sounds. No startup sound, no error sounds. Now I have gone into my sounds scheme place and down towards the bottom they have the dropbox that you can select and preview each sound, well the PLAY button is grayed out and I can't even preview the system sound effects.

On a sidenote, I was following one topic that was talking about under the volume properties tab you needed to make sure that ALL boxes were unchecked such as "Volume Control, Wave, SW Synth, CD Player, Microphone, Phone Line, and PC Speaker" in the topic it seemed the AUX one should have been there as well but only the above listed volume controls are on my computer. Should AUX be there?

I am running Windows XP Home Service Pack 2. Hope someone out there knows what's going on. I really don't wanna have to do a fresh install of everything.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ckstrong01

ckstrong01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 28 October 2006 - 01:59 PM

Reimaged my computer....problem fixed. (just sad it had to come to that).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users