Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tv Cards

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 26 October 2006 - 04:46 PM

I have Nero on my computer and its got me thinking "hey wouldn't it be cool to watch tv on my nice computer monitor instead of my crappy bulky tube tv"? When I click on on to watch tv though it says I need a Tv card. I'm looking on newegg and even some of these 30$ ones look good saying 125 channels, and thats about how many channels i get anyways.So do you just put it in a PCI port and run a coax cable to it or is there more to it that? Thanks for reading this topic I appreciate it. :thumbsup:
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 26 October 2006 - 06:22 PM

Put the card in the PCI slot if it is a PCI card. Depending on what type of connectors the card has you just have to connect some sort of areal to it and install the drivers and software that comes with the card and a way you go!

The software for it might not always be good but see what you think before you decline it :thumbsup:

Edited by ComputerWhizz7, 26 October 2006 - 06:23 PM.

I came, I saw, I conquered. - Julius Caeser

#3 Sterling14

Sterling14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 26 October 2006 - 06:23 PM

Thanls, that sonds easy enough!
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users