Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Samsung Dvd-rom Sd-616 Not Reading

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DonnyBubbles

DonnyBubbles

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 26 October 2006 - 02:04 PM

My samsung DVD-ROM SD-616 is not reading any dvds at all. i am running windows xp. when i checked the device information in the properties of the drive,the device name given is \\.\CdRom0. there is nothing in the address bar at all. please advise on any ways to remedy the problem of not being able to read dvds.discs are inserted and it shows the icon on the ppointer as if its trying to read the disk but nothing happens. when trying to open the folder with disk inserted a prompt appeats saying "please insert a disk into drive (D:)

ps also when in mycomputer and the dvd drice s selected it reads dvd drive (D:) cd drive.

Edited by DonnyBubbles, 26 October 2006 - 04:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 26 October 2006 - 06:26 PM

Is your DVD-ROM jumpered correctly? and is it on it's own IDE Controller?

If yes to both then there must either be a driver issue within windows or there is something wrong with the drive. Have you had it reading DVD's before?
I came, I saw, I conquered. - Julius Caeser

#3 DonnyBubbles

DonnyBubbles
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 28 October 2006 - 03:56 PM

yea it has read dvds before. the ide controller thing thats the cable right if it iis then no the cable splits and has one connector to the cd-rom and the other to the dvd-rom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users