Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why Is My Avg Anti-spyware Continuously Updating

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 26 October 2006 - 12:51 PM

I downloaded AVG Anti-spyware from a link here. It is the 30days trial version I am using. It has worked fine for around two weeks but approx 3-4 days ago it started to update itself all the time. I did a search here to see if it was a known problem but found nothing.

I used to run AVG Anti-Virus a while back but had similar problems with that. In the end I uninstalled it and have used Avast Anti-Virus without problems since.

My questions are. Is this a known problem and can it be cured?.

Thanks again in advance for any help,

Bluesjunior.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 26 October 2006 - 12:54 PM

I am not sure what you mean by continuously updating. Is it attempting to update every few minutes? Are updates not "taking" causing it to want to update again? What happens when you turn off the auto-update feature?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 bluesjunior

bluesjunior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 26 October 2006 - 05:15 PM

3-4 times an hour it is telling me it has updated and needs to restart. the thing is the amount of things it tells me I am protected against is never the same, one time it is 100,000 the next 580,000 and something completely different the next time.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users