Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Building Questions

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jay8604

Jay8604

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 26 October 2006 - 12:32 PM

So... I'm a first time builder and I am pretty excited about putting together my first machine. On the other hand I would really like to avoid those expensive and time consuming set backs that so many new builder experience, especially since Iím buying all my parts online. Here is a list of all the parts that I plan on purchasing. If ya'll could take a look over it and make sure that all my parts are compatible with each other and let me know if thereís is something I'm missing tha'd be awesome. Thanks folks! (I'm buying all of these parts from Tigerdirect.com so, and the links will take you to the exact part on the website incase you need more info). Also they are the only things I have so far considered to buy with the exception of mouse, keyboard, monitor, and printer so, if you have noticed I am missing something please let me know. ;)

Intel D975XBXLKR Intel Socket 775 ATX Motherboard and an Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.40GHz OEM Processor

EVGA GeForce 7900 GS KO / 256MB GDDR3 / SLI / PCI Express / Dual DVI / HDTV / Video Card

Ultra Blue/Titanium 120mm Ball Bearing Fan

Ultra Blue Aluminus ATX Mid-Tower Case with Clear Side, Front USB, Firewire and Audio Ports With Ultra X2 550-Watt Power Supply

Ultra Silver Thermal Compound (1.0g)

Ultra / Fire / Socket 775 / P4 3.8Ghz / Copper Core / CPU Fan

TrendNet / TEW-623PI / 300Mbps / 802.11n (Draft N) / PCI / Wireless Adapters

Ultra Black 3.5" Floppy Drive with Built-in 6-in-1 Flash Card Reader

Lite-on SHD-16P1S / 16x DVD-ROM / 48x CD-ROM / Black / Internal / Drive

Lite-on SHM-160P6S / 16x8x16x DVD+RW / 16x6x16x DVD-RW / 8x DVD+R DL / 4x DVD-R DL / 48x24x48x CD-RW / Black/Beige Faceplates / Internal / DVD Writer

(I'm buying two sets of these for 4Gigs Memory) Corsair Dual Channel TWINX 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz E.P.P. Memory (2 x 1024)

Microsoft Windows XP Pro Edition OEM Version & Service Pack 2

Western Digital / Caviar SE 16 / 250GB / 7200 / 16MB / SATA-300 / OEM / Hard Drive

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Detox

Detox

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 26 October 2006 - 06:30 PM

Don't get 4 gigs of Ram. It's just a waste of money. 2 gigs is more than you'll need for now.

Instead, use the extra money to either buy a Raptor harddrive or upgrade your GPU to a Nvidia 7950 or an Ati 1950.

I would also suggest buying seperate PSU and case. It's safer than using a case/psu combo.

Edited by Detox, 26 October 2006 - 06:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users