Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trying To Learn Python 2.5 For Windows. Tips?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 holytoaster4

holytoaster4

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 26 October 2006 - 11:38 AM

I'm trying to learn python but it's kinda confusing and i can't really get help from python.org because the computer i'm trying to learn it on can't access the internet and i can't transferr it to the computer i'm using because it's outdated.
TOASTERS WILL RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2006 - 05:14 PM

Why not try to get Internet access for the computer you're learning it on? Are you saying there's no room for you to install a network or a modem card?

If that's the case, then you'll have to decide what options you have left, which doesn't seem like many. Can you salvage parts from the one computer to the other and make it work?

Walkman
One Man's Opinion

#3 holytoaster4

holytoaster4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:07 AM

This computer does have intenet access i just can't spend time on it because i can only get dial up where i live

#4 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2006 - 02:37 AM

I'm trying to learn python but it's kinda confusing and i can't really get help from python.org because the computer i'm trying to learn it on can't access the internet and i can't transferr it to the computer i'm using because it's outdated.

You said the computer you're learning Python on can't access Internet access. Why can't it?

I was thinking that you can take out your networking hardware and install in on the learning computer.

Am I mis-understanding you?

#5 holytoaster4

holytoaster4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2006 - 03:01 PM

once again i can access the internet but i am not permitted to but that is not the issue i was just asking if you have any tips that will help me learn python faster if not then you don't really need to reply.

#6 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2006 - 10:05 PM

If you're using Python in conjunction with Blender, then there are plenty of tutorials out there.

I was trying to help you (I tried)... but you can always do a search on the search engines. I'm sure you'll get plenty of answers from there.

TIP: Be precise and describe what you're talking about, because you may end up not getting any replies at all.

If you do a search on Google and type in How to ask a question the correct way ..... you'll see that there is a correct way and an incorrect way to ask questions.

Hope that helps!

#7 holytoaster4

holytoaster4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2006 - 03:04 PM

yeah i just basically wanted to ask someone who had allready done it not a stupid tutorial

#8 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2006 - 06:04 PM

yeah i just basically wanted to ask someone who had allready done it not a stupid tutorial

I was holding back on this, but check this out.

Hypothetically..... suppose no one has done what you're trying to do? Just suppose so. Are you telling me that you're not willing to find out yourself?

You may be the 1st person to do what you're trying to do. And you can introduce it into the mainstream of the users. At least they'll all know that you were the one that created the method.

Have you thought of it that way?

#9 holytoaster4

holytoaster4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2006 - 12:33 PM

No, i'm willing to find out myself i just wondered if anyone had any advice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users