Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bz Interior Design Work.........

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Learner87

Learner87

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 26 October 2006 - 10:41 AM

Argggggg........... Headache with loads of stuff to do............. Any Interior Design Idea to express?
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 26 October 2006 - 12:10 PM

Form follows function.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 26 October 2006 - 01:12 PM

...and don't forget the Feng Shui.
Derfram
~~~~~~

#4 Learner87

Learner87
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2006 - 08:02 PM

Thnx 4 u all support! :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#5 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 26 October 2006 - 10:00 PM

And as simple as this may sound, choosing things that truly make your heart smile every time you look at them ... well, it's hard to go wrong. (No matter what the stylists say is 'in' or 'out' this season - gentle smile).
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#6 Learner87

Learner87
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2006 - 01:59 AM

Thnx! Maram, i will remember it.
Posted Image

#7 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:10 AM

And as simple as this may sound, choosing things that truly make your heart smile every time you look at them ... well, it's hard to go wrong. (No matter what the stylists say is 'in' or 'out' this season - gentle smile).

I could not agree with you more, MaraM.Exactly my opinon also.
Why would I pay an Interior Design Consultant,to tell me what
furniture would best suit my home and my taste.I have the furniture
which makes me feel good inside,every time I go into that room.
After all,friends only see the furnishings for a short period of time,
where I look at it all day,every day.I have heard of Feng Shui,but
have not studied it yet. Will get around to it one day.I know if my
bed is not facing a certain direction,I feel absolutely uncomfortable,
and can't sleep properly.Maybe if I learned about Feng Shui,I may
have the answer to this.My advice to Learner87, is furnish it in the
manner, which makes you feel good inside. :thumbsup:
DSTM.

#8 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2006 - 02:20 PM

Your words, "After all,friends only see the furnishings for a short period of time,
where I look at it all day,every day", DSTM, really made me smile! Because it's so so true!

The same feeling holds for using 'good stuff' on a daily basis - we're 'saving it' for good?! Gracious, who is more important than one's family? We use the crystal, the china and silver every day and when we pop off, the girls say it will mean more to them because each thing will hold precious memories rather than just inheriting pretty things that gathered dust through the years.

And Learner89, I'm unsure if you are a decorator or hoping to have a decorator work with you while struggling with decisions - but while a great decorator can help co-ordinate one's likes and dislikes when shopping for colours and furnishings, where I think many of them make a dreadful mistake is not listening. Not listening carefully to a clients "I hate red" - and then using red because you think it looks wonderful or it's the 'in' thing. (And if a client says they are under huge amounts of stress each day, red and orange are perhaps the very worse choices).

On a personal note, I honestly feel our homes are our sanctuaries - I don't ask people over that are 'vexations to the spirit' (and I'm still puzzled as to why some assume it's okay to treat their families like dirt yet are unfailingly polite to strangers), but most of all I think our homes should be a reflection of who we really, truly are - and it doesn't take masses of money to do it. Gentle smile.
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#9 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2006 - 01:26 PM

Hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting 'back to back', but I'm ever so curious, DSTM, about your comment "I know if my bed is not facing a certain direction,I feel absolutely uncomfortable, and can't sleep properly".

Which direction does the foot of your bed face in order to help you sleep better, please? (I have a lovely friend that has great, great difficulty with sleeping and perhaps can pass on your hint - gentle smile).

#10 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2006 - 10:13 PM

Hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting 'back to back', but I'm ever so curious, DSTM, about your comment "I know if my bed is not facing a certain direction,I feel absolutely uncomfortable, and can't sleep properly".

Which direction does the foot of your bed face in order to help you sleep better, please? (I have a lovely friend that has great, great difficulty with sleeping and perhaps can pass on your hint - gentle smile).

Hello MaraM,I only feel completely relaxed. if the foot of my bed is facing West.To me this has nothing to do with furnishings, or the like because I have experienced this, in the last four houses I have lived in.And over a period of fourty years,I have changed the beds around purposely many times, to make sure this is not something in my head.Another room, I cannot change the bed around due to huge inbuilt wardrobes and my wife will always go for the bed that the foot is facing west.Even for a couple of hours sleep after work.I would love to hear from anyone that has experienced similar.Let me know if this helps your friend MaraM. :thumbsup:
Cheers
DSTM.

#11 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2006 - 12:39 AM

Hi DSTM and thanks so much - I really do appreciate your sharing why your bed faces in a particular direction! In fact, I'll send off an email to my friend in just a moment and let her know - and hopefully she'll be able to try changing it so the foot is facing West. (I'd give it a try myself except our bedroom here restricts us to having it facing North - drat!).

Will let you know how my friend makes out - thanks again, DSTM.

#12 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2006 - 09:43 AM

My first time research into Feng Shui today on the net.Came across a very interesting article
on a UK website.Thought I would share it with you.Thinking you, MaraM and your friend, may
enjoy the read,and of course any other members on this forum,that may be interested.

http://www.all-about-feng-shui.co.uk/feng-...-for-homes.html

DSTM.

#13 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2006 - 10:31 PM

Great site to learn about Feng Shui - and thanks so much for sharing it, DSTM.

And I noted that the bed and/or bedroom facing west is best - huge happy smile! Makes me think that instinctively you were onto something there, all on your own :thumbsup: (My friend is having a 'move my bed' party this weekend so shall know if it's working for her by the end of next week).

Also, while reading the article, I noticed that I was already doing some of the suggestions, as well - but what fun it will be to begin incorporating some of the other ideas into our home, too, as I find the concept behind Feng Shui quite interesting.

Perhaps the biggest wonder I have regarding decorating/decorators is when I walk into a home that is, or at least seems, totally 'out of character' for the person owning it ... and am always left wondering if the image is what the person wishes he/she was - or perhaps just one created by a decorator in who believed 'new' is always best.

#14 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2006 - 09:12 PM

Hi DSTM, I so wanted you to know you are a genius! :thumbsup: My friend has actually been getting a decent night's sleep since moving her bed to face West - wow! (For her, a decent night's sleep is 4-5 hours ... for me, it's 8-9 - grin!).

Kind thoughts,
Mara

#15 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2006 - 09:25 PM

Lovely to hear from you MaraM. I was only thinking yesterday, how your friend was getting on.
It makes one feel good, helping someone, even if it's only a teeny weeny little bit.
After all, isn't that what's lifes about? Enjoy reading your posts Mara. :thumbsup:

DSTM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users