Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Explorer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hirst50

hirst50

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 26 October 2006 - 10:11 AM

When I click on my documents folder,then a sub-folder,I get a message box which essentially says "windows explorer encountered a problem and has to close,".It then closes,the page refreshes,I go back in and everything is ok.Can anybody help.It`s obviously not a big problem but it is annoying.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 26 October 2006 - 10:42 AM

Assuming it is not the same folder each time, consider taking these steps if you have not already tried them:
1. Review the content of the My Documents folders to determine if some of the files can be archived off-drive; reducing the number of files and folders, especially if you have a lot of them, may resolve the situation.
2. Run scandisk (checkdisk), and then defrag your hard drive or the partition that holds your documents.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 26 October 2006 - 04:34 PM

Go to Windows Live Onecare Free Scan
It will say "Get a free PC safety scan"
http://safety.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm

Make sure you click "Full Service Scan" in the middle of the page and
not the "Try It Now Free" on the right side.

Allow it to download an Active X component.
Choose "Complete Scan" in the window that opens
Click "Next"
Do not click on anything else that offers you a free trial or to sign up if you live in the US.

Allow it to scan - it may take quite, maybe two hours or so depending on how big your hard drive is and how fragmented your registry and drive are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users