Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Printing From Laptop To Pc

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 edd080

edd080

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 26 October 2006 - 09:06 AM

Hi to all, I have a small problem when trying to print from my laptop to my PC through wireless.
My PC has a USB Access Point which is set through Internet Connection Sharing. I have managed to connect my laptop to the PC through the wireless PCMCIA card,and connect to the internet without any problems.
I would like to also share my printer which is currently installed on my pc so that i can print from the laptop.
I have set file and print sharing from the network wizard which completed successfuly.
The problem is that whenever i try to connect from my laptop to my pc iam being authenticated as a guest. I therefore had to give the guest user account administrative rights on my pc and also set a password.
I then managed to connect to the printer and also print from my laptop.
But whenever i disconnect and reconnect the user rights seem to get lost, making me delete the current shared printer and reconnect again with the guest user account and password. I am just using a workgroup connection as this connection is set up in my house.
Is there a way for me to authenticate myself to my PC as another user instead of the guest account and also keep the same user rights to the shared printer when reconnecting to my PC?

Sorry for the long topic but i wanted to explain as much as possible my situation. :thumbsup:
AMD Athlon XP2800+
2GB RAM (Corsair)
ATI Radeon X800PRO (256MB)
Samsung 80GB
Maxtor 160GB
Creative Audigy 4 Sound Blaster
Windows XP PRO (SP2)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users