Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help! [spyware Quake]

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sonofnothing

sonofnothing

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 25 October 2006 - 05:58 PM

ok.. so for about 2 months now, i've been running my laptop with the spyware quake virus. not much has happened in terms of computer problems besides that annoying pop up in the corner [although my wireless connection does go ion and out often].

i finally searched google for this and found tons of answers. i followed instructions for one of the first remedies i found. a manual deletion. here is the link to the site with the instructions.

i followed them closely, and when i ran the second program [ewido anti spyware] my computer crashed after 15 minutes of scanning.

my new problem: my laptop will not load. i try normal mode, safe mode, 'last known good config'... and nothing works. i either get a blue box with white lettering and then a milisecond later, shuts down... or i get a black screen with a windows style error window that i cant read because another milisecond later, again, it shuts off.

now.. i have pictures, etc. on there that i would love to keep. i know you have all been there before... how can i fix this problem without totally reloading windows.. if i can even do that!

you guys are the experts so.......
HELP?????????????????????????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 sonofnothing

sonofnothing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 25 October 2006 - 08:06 PM

well. i just ruined my computer. i ended up putting a system restore cd that came with itin the cd drive, and reinstalling windows.. i thought it'd be like when they sent it to me.. well, now it's all bleeped up and slow.. it's like running windows 95 on a celeron or something. my Nvidia display thing is gone when i right click the desktop, my wireless connection that i had when i first turned it on the day i opened it... is gone.. it's totally screwed.. i'm about to sell it now. i got it off of ibuypower... nice waste of 1500 bucks because of some stupid trojan. bullbleep. i'm pissed off.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,606 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 26 October 2006 - 10:16 AM

Sorry to hear about this sonofnothing

A recovery/restore CD contains a complete copy/image of the entire contents of the hard drive and will restore the system to its factory default state at a certain time. Essentially, it will restore the computer to the state it was in when you first purchased it. You will lose all data and have to reinstall all programs that you added afterwards. This includes drivers for any new hardware and all security updates from Microsoft.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users