Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Restore

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 EDDIE138301

EDDIE138301

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 25 October 2006 - 07:08 AM

Why will my system restore not work? I have xp. When I want to restore my system to a date within the last 2 or 5 days, I get the message that my system cannot be restored. what is up with this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,616 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 25 October 2006 - 07:52 AM

Why were you attempting system restore? What was the problem?

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechn...rwxp.mspx#EIIAC

Excerpt from above link:
Q. What should I do if System Restore does not work?A.
Try these steps if System Restore does not appear to work:

Ensure the System Restore service is running. For more information, see: How can I verify that the System Restore services are running on my machine?

Verify that you have enough free space on all your drives as required by System Restore. If the free space on any partition system restore is monitoring falls below 50 MB, System Restore will suspend and purge out all restore points to free up disk space. It will automatically reactivate when 200 MB+ free space is available. For more information, see How the System Restore Tool Handles Hard-Disk Space Usage.

Examine event logs for any system restore-related errors that could help you identify the problem.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 25 October 2006 - 11:02 AM

How to troubleshoot the System Restore tool in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...b;en-us;Q302796

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users