Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

File Sharing And Server 2003

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FabianN

FabianN

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 24 October 2006 - 10:56 PM

I've got a very frustrating problem. I know I solved this problem the last time I installed win2k3, but I can't find the same guide that I used so long ago, and it is pissing me off.

I have enabled filesharing on it, giving full permissions to everyone(even tried specific accounts, ie: admin, guest, ect)
And, no matter what I do, I can't connect to it from other computers. I get the standard error:

_____ is not accessible. YOu might not have permussion to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

Now, I know last time this happened to me I found instructions on changing something in either the registry, the Group Policy Editor, Services, or something along those lines
What the hell it was, I have no clue, but I disabled it, and everything worked.

I have already spent a good two hours on google looking for that same article, but I just can't find it!

PLEASE! someone help me! I got a LAN party this weekend and I got to have this fixed!

Oh yea, that reminds me. One more thing about it, any LAN games that I host on that system, no one else can see them.

So basicly, I can connect to everyone just fine, and everyone can see me just fine, but they can't connect to me.

So ummm... help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 damiloveu

damiloveu

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 PM

Posted 22 November 2006 - 10:59 AM

maybe coz of the filesystem, NTFS, as you know, the NTFS in windows 2003 is more safe than in windows xp pro. you have to set it in gpedit.msc, and make sure your Computer Browsing service is enable.

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 22 November 2006 - 12:54 PM

Is the Firewall on the server turned on? Sounds like you have the firewall enabled.

#4 instingkt

instingkt

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 15 December 2006 - 12:43 PM

I was thinking of the firewall as well. Also, how are the two computers connected?
.frank.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users