Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Whats Your Favourite Pet And Why?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:39 AM

I have a cat LOLA, that's somewhat anti-social. We "rescued" her from the SPCA when she was about 3-4 months old. We think that she had been abused, becuase she doesn't like people (at all!). She hides when friends/family come over, and won't even come down to eat. She likes her space, and won't sit on your lap to be pet, but likes to be pet as long as she can walk away when ever she wants. We've had her for 2 years now.

My favorite pet is our (somewhat new) Puppy, which is a Yellow Lab (pure bred, no papers). He listens pretty good for a puppy, and likes to snuggle on my lap, which will be a pain when he's full grown and roughly 90 lbs! We've had him for over a month now, but didn't get him until he was almost 3 months old (he's just over 4 months now). His name is Bruschi (Brew-ski), named after my favorite foot ball player Teddy Bruschi of the New England Patriots. He just earned the title my favorite pet because last night when my kids and my wife were wrestling around (playing) on the floor, the wife tackled me to the floor, and I called Bruschi for help.........he came over and "peed" on the wife....OMG that was funny....yep, that's a good dog! Although, the wife didn't care for it to much! :thumbsup: I just told her that dogs can sense evil..... :flowers:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 yoopergirl

yoopergirl

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2006 - 03:01 AM

hey buttoni, what in the heck is a grackle?

#18 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 07 November 2006 - 03:23 AM

We've got 2 cats ... the first is refugee (we're his third home - and last, too) and it took him just under a year before he would come out from under our bed to do more than eat or use the litter box. He's still not at all cuddly but what the heck. The other one we rescued from a Shelter.

Does anyone have a Hedgehog for a pet? I'm curious because my grandson desperately wants Santa to bring him one and I'm unsure if they really a great pets or not.

PM to Stevealmighty - peeing on your wife!! Eek! She must be a terrific lady with a good sense of humour or that combined with your comment would have earned you and Bruschi both a night in the dog-house :thumbsup:
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#19 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 07 November 2006 - 03:57 AM

Does anyone have a Hedgehog for a pet? I'm curious because my grandson desperately wants Santa to bring him one and I'm unsure if they really a great pets or not.

:

Hello MaraM,
I have had 3 hedgehogs, which I rescued from main roads over the years.Only had them for a week or so each time.I would try to talk your grandson, out of having one for a pet.They are definately not a pet for anybody in my opinion.You can't interact with them, and as soon as you get close to them, they roll up into a ball for a long period of time.I believe this is one animal, that should be left in the wild.Their favourite pastime is digging holes everywhere.Hope this helps.

DSTM.

#20 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2006 - 07:19 AM

A Grackle is a type of bird (I had to google it to find out!)

PM to Stevealmighty - peeing on your wife!! Eek! She must be a terrific lady with a good sense of humour or that combined with your comment would have earned you and Bruschi both a night in the dog-house :thumbsup:

The wife was to busy screaming things like "OMG THAT'S GROSS!!! HE PEED ON ME! HE PEEEEEEED ONNNNNN MEEEEE!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!" (runs to the bathrom to remove sweatshirt and jumps in the shower like a scene from the crying game). Yes, it was funny, and yes, I too got in trouble for not "punishing' the dog! At least he didn't bite her! TBH I was to busy laughing to scold Bruschi! :flowers: :trumpet: :inlove:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#21 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2006 - 10:16 AM

Tell your lovely wife,stevealmighty, that I know exactly how she feels.When my cats were about 5 months old,the same thing happened to me.One sunday morning, I was in bed and the 4 cats were jumping round on the bed.
When all of a sudden, Blacky turned his rear to me and sprayed me with urine.All over my face, the pillow and the quilt. I was in a state of shock to say the least.I said a few choice words and headed for the shower.
My wife just stood there and laughed her head off.I said,(I've got a present for you too) and took him to the
Vet and had him desexed,as soon as I got dressed.I picked him up the next day,and have never forgotten
the sad look on his face.We have been the best of friends ever since.My wife still laughts about it today,
after all these years.Your wife probably won't ever forget it either. :thumbsup:

DTSM.

Edited by DSTM, 07 November 2006 - 03:31 PM.

#22 jakubtilly2

jakubtilly2

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 07 November 2006 - 11:01 AM

nice to see pet lovers!!
I have a cat, a Chocolate british short hair called trinity. bought her from a breeder
we love her lots!!

i bought it with my partner and is spoilt rotten!!

#23 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2006 - 11:17 AM

nice to see pet lovers!!
I have a cat, a Chocolate british short hair called trinity. bought her from a breeder
we love her lots!!

i bought it with my partner and is spoilt rotten!!

Keep spoiling her rotten. :thumbsup:
She will bring so much joy and happiness to your lives.

DSTM.

Edited by DSTM, 07 November 2006 - 03:34 PM.

#24 MGBY

MGBY

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 07 November 2006 - 11:30 AM

It is so heart warming to hear from all you pet lovers!! Sure are enjoying them! Keep them coming. Thank you. Cheers. YOYO. :thumbsup:

#25 buttoni

buttoni

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2006 - 03:24 PM

They're huge crow-like birds, black. The males are about 12" long and the smaller females are brown. Very common here in Central Texas. They make an eerie sound that sounds like a baby wailing, to me. They have many other peculiar sounds, too, one of which is a crackling noise, perhaps leading to their name?

Edited by buttoni, 08 November 2006 - 11:31 AM.

HP Pavilion desktop p6270z; 8 GB ram; Win7 Home Premium x64 bit; FX 4.0; DSL 2Wire modem/router; MVPS Hosts; Comodo FW 5.3(D+ & Sandbox enabled); MSSE; MBAM on demand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users