Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Whats Your Favourite Pet And Why?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 24 October 2006 - 09:49 PM

Hi,Just wondering what kind of pet you have,
and what you like most about your pet?
Also where did you get your pet from and
how long have you had your pet?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Darthy

Darthy

The red side of the Force

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 26 October 2006 - 11:36 AM

I have a cat with 10 years old. What I like most about it, that's its personality. It was leaved behind.

Edited by Darthy, 26 October 2006 - 11:38 AM.

Εν οίδα οτι ουδέν οίδα - Socrates
Thanks John

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 26 October 2006 - 11:56 AM

Right now I had adopted three stray cats and a lost dog. I love them all. Two cats were brought in from the snow last year, one kitten (probably abandoned by its mother) two months ago, and the dog last month.
They are all very unique and very loving and always ready to eat.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2006 - 01:34 PM

Nice stories Darthy and John.I have four cats,three of which
I saved from certain death when they were two or three days
old.That was twelve years ago, and haven't regretted it for one
moment.They each have a different personality,never judge
me, and always on the look out for treats.I find they have a
calming affect on me,if I feel stressed.I love them all.
DSTM.

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2006 - 01:49 PM

Those of us with cats have learned how to type with a couple of them in our laps, sometimes not easy when they want attention or to "help."
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 Learner87

Learner87

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 26 October 2006 - 08:16 PM

I have a scorpion. I love it coz of it's mysterious......
Posted Image

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,149 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2006 - 09:47 PM

Scorpion ..cool, but no petting

I have 3 cats,just lost Fido. Two of these are the great grandchildren of momma cat. She came in from the cold many years back and birthed 7. The other just must have snuck in some where among the confusion. I also have 1 fresh and 2 - 55 gal. saltwater fish tanks.
I love the look and relaxation of the tank room, especially when only the tanks are lit in the room. The fish and reef are beautiful. Always makes me want to go to the tropics.
The cats are just great company and the joy they've brought my children is priceless.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#8 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 26 October 2006 - 09:55 PM

Our family has 4 dogs....1 cat.

On our farm we have over 50 cats and it goes up and down. We also have 3 other dogs on the farm(not my pets)

Our cat is very unique. Somebody dropped him off but he is so smart and friendly. Unlike any cat we have ever had.

#9 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 27 October 2006 - 09:57 PM

Those of us with cats have learned how to type with a couple of them in our laps, sometimes not easy when they want attention or to "help."
Cheers,
John

Here here! Our family's cats fit that description to a 'T' (Radar likes to chase the cursor on the screen! :thumbsup: )

Our first cat, Pumpkin, went to heaven a little less than a year ago. She was a little grumpy at times, but other times she was so loving. Nothing can replace her. :inlove:

However, we have three cats that are still with us. Radar, whom we raised from six weeks old, is so gentle and loving...unless you try to put him in the basement for the night! Fluffy, a seven year old stray we adopted, is even more bipolar than Pumpkin ever was..grumpy and angry one minute, purring furiously another. Our other adopted stray, Misty, treats attention like crack cocaine: what we give her is never enough! :flowers: She's kind of a bully anound Fluffy and Radar, though, which is why she goes outside a lot: to get that out of her system.

I love cats; they never judge me, never lecture me, and are always up for sitting around and doing nothing except purr and purr! To me, happiness is a lap full of fur. :trumpet:

#10 yoopergirl

yoopergirl

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2006 - 12:16 AM

I love horses, horses, horses, and oh, horses! VBS And my dalmatian, though I'm the only one in the family that loves him. Horses are awesome, people who have not been around them could never understand the unique friendship that you can share with a horse, they are like no other animal. I don't think you could ever feel faster, stronger or more totally free then when your galloping through a field of tall grass on horseback. It's amazing!

The dalmatian was bought for my daughter during the whole 101 dalmatian movie release (10 or so yrs ago). lol Everyone with a lil girl seeing that movie had to have been even the slightest bit tempted to go get one, only to learn after 101 dalmatian stories later that they are NOT GOOD WITH KIDS! They seem to attach to ONE person whom they dedicate their entire life to, but seem to not like anyone else in the world. He's dedicated to me, luckily for me cause he treats the rest of the family like crap. He's been a great and loyal friend however and if your the lucky person the dalmatian chooses, you have it made. I love this story, it's just a glimpse into the dedication that I'm talking about. I was camping with my family, we took of course the dalmatian (cause I can't leave him home long without me or he'll chew everything I OWN just to PUNISH ME), I was out in the MIDDLE of the lake on jet-ski and I stopped for whatever reason, I think I was waiting for my daughter to catch up or whatever. Well, this dog got away from the person holding him and SWAM to the middle of the lake just cause he can't stand being away from me. It's like psycho separation anxiety or something! He and I have traveled, hiked, biked, horsebacked, camped, swam, slept, even jetskied (to bring him back into shore) together and I love him to DEATH, he's helped me through sooo many troubles in my life I can't even begin to count and he did so just by acting happy to see me and wagging his tail a bit, thats amazing! Dogs truly are a mans and womans best friend.

We also have ferrets, hermit crabs and a fish. They're cool too.

#11 MGBY

MGBY

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 28 October 2006 - 07:04 AM

I love dogs! I have an old english sheepdog named "Boaggie". Boaggie came to us from a friend who just cannot keep him anymore with him keep on chasing the school kids. He had graduated from obedient school and very well behaved now. He and I love to go cruising in my red MGB roadster down the coastal byways. Although, he seemed to had been a good scapegoat when I got caught speeding one time, but the cop didn't buy it. The cop asked to see my driver's licence, I pointed to Boaggie sitting at the passenger seat panting: "It was him doing the driving, I didn't do anything"! I proceeded to scold Boaggie:"I told you not to speed, now look what you did". Of course it prompted the cop to say: " Another smart guy, well here is his ticket, you are stuck with paying for his fine. Make sure you get his hair cut so he can see where he is going the next time". Have dog will travel. See you on the road. YOYO and BOAGGIE. :thumbsup:

#12 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 28 October 2006 - 07:14 PM

I have two cats. I found the male when on patrol in '93 with the SO. The second cat I picked up (stole) from mom's to keep Tom company while at work.
I also have a 2 yr old, 4 lbs., min Yorkie that the kids HAD TO HAVE. Well not I walk two miles a day. No regrets.
What I love about them is I wake up with them laying on me and licking my face.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#13 buttoni

buttoni

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2006 - 07:48 PM

I have two rat terriers. The oldest, Button, is a bicolor, nearly 3 and is pictured in my avatar. I just rescued a 6 month old tricolor rattie, Zipper, who was facing euthanasia in just a couple of days when I adopted her. Saw her posted on petfinder.com. The shelter couldn't believe I drove all the way to nearly Texarkana from Central Texas to adopt her! But she was sooooooo worth the drive! She's so sweet and the two dogs get along great! They're such affectionate, friendly, happy little dogs and hell on squirrels :thumbsup: (we don't seem to have any rats around our yard to test their rat killing skills :flowers: ) They sure give squirrels a run for their money! My older one has killed a big ole male grackle, though.

Both are a delightful addition to the family.

Edited by buttoni, 28 October 2006 - 07:49 PM.

HP Pavilion desktop p6270z; 8 GB ram; Win7 Home Premium x64 bit; FX 4.0; DSL 2Wire modem/router; MVPS Hosts; Comodo FW 5.3(D+ & Sandbox enabled); MSSE; MBAM on demand.

#14 mihangel

mihangel

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 29 October 2006 - 06:42 AM

I have a black labrador dog, he's been with us for about 12 years but is still as playful and affectionate as when he was a puppy. I call him my apprentice, whenever i'm doing diy, he's got his nose right in there taking a keen interest in whatever i'm doing. Sometimes it's hard to know who owns who in this relationship.
Many moons ago when i was in my teens, i had a white rat as a pet. I used to carry it on my shoulder everywhere, even on the local bus where it would run between each shoulder, nibble on my ear, dive into my shirt pocket, no one ever complained or screamed, and of all the pets i've had, that one was the most intelligent and inquisitive, I'd have another but my partner is sqeamish about "Crawly things with tails".

Regards Mihangel

#15 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2006 - 07:53 AM

Of the four cats I mentioned in my previous post,LUCY is my favourite.We both suffer from separation anxiety,if we are apart.We eat together(not out of the same plate) sleep together,and we are seldom away from each other.This is a special bond that I have never experienced in my life with pets.Where ever I go in the house or the yard,she is always near me.She seldom lets me out of her sight.If I have to go out in the car for a short time,she gets very stressed.My wife says she searches in every room for me.If a door is shut she will scratch on it furiously till my wife opens it for her to see if I am there.Then she sits on the window, and watches each car go past, until she sees me in the driveway.She starts to meow and does not stop till I walk through the door.Lucy always without fail parks herself in front of the keyboard, all the time I am on this PC.Sometimes she throws her head back on the key board after attention, and you can guess what happens to my printing.Thought I would share this with all you cat lovers and whoever else likes pets.
Heres to LUCY,SUZANNA,BLACKY and MAX for giving me so much happiness all these years. :thumbsup:

DSTM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users