Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Dauaghter's Computer Has Newdot On It

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mikefromsweaburg

mikefromsweaburg

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 24 October 2006 - 04:35 PM

My dauaghter's computer has newdot on it and I can't get it off. It runs so slow it's driving me nuts. It's a PC with win XP, updated, avg virus scanner and spybot and adaware are often run. Two teenagers use this thing and neither admits anything. What is procedure to get rid of this demon? Mike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 25 October 2006 - 06:49 AM

Hello mikefromsweaburg

Removing NewDotNet improperly will result in loss of internet connectivity. The recommended removal method is using Add/Remove programs. If you choose to remove it, go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove programs and uninstall New.net Application or New.net Domains if listed. If it is not listed, then follow the removal instructions here. Procedure 4 requires you to download and run NNuninstall.exe.

Note: Because New.Net affects the Internet access on a computer, sometimes after removing it, you won't be able access the Internet. So before you start, please download LSPFix by Cexx.org or Winsock XP Fix and save to your computer or a usb stick. If you have loss of Internet connectivity after removing New.Net, then run either of the tools to fix the broken Winsock connections.

Symantec also has a NDotNet Removal Tool which you can try. Dowwnload and run FxNdotN.exe. You will find it along with instructions under the "Removal Tab".
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users