Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Media Player

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cashsimpson

cashsimpson

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 24 October 2006 - 03:32 PM

Ok so i've gotten this problem 3 times and i cant narrow down what the freakin problem is. It started with me trying to use windows media player 10 and when i would play a video from the internet it would lag out the entire computer. It would say 'Connecting...' and then everything just kind of starts lagging out. My mouse could move fine all over the screen but when i try to close the window or open Task manager it all lags and comes up REALLY slow to where i have to restart the computer. I reformatted it and dled only windows media 9 this time and directx 9.0c and still I'm having this problem. I thought maybe it was something with CBS (trying to watch replay of Jericho) but its not that either..I ran a virus scan and smitfraudfix but to no avail. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, except 'Go buy a new comp.' Also if you know any forums or somewhere where they might be able to help..lemme know.

My Specs:

P4 2.2Ghz
80 Gb HD
760 DDR RAM
Win XP
Nvidia 6200 OC

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 25 October 2006 - 06:59 AM

I thought maybe it was something with CBS (trying to watch replay of Jericho) but its not that either

Just curious how we determined that. Did you reboot and then watch a video from another site and get the same results?
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 25 October 2006 - 11:07 AM

Open the episode you want to watch and click on "settings".

If Windows Media Player is your default try using RealPlayer which you can download right from there -(Or vice versa).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users