Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Drivers Being Awkward :(

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 twenty5p

twenty5p

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 24 October 2006 - 03:09 PM

I recently formatted my computer, and everything is working ok. Except when I come to install my sound driver- I get the message "the audio driver files do not support your computer hardware". I have an Asus p5vd2-mx motherboard and a 3.6 intel presler cpu. I can't understand why the driver won't install. (Yes it is the right motherboard cd).

I have no other audio drivers installed.

The only audio device / controller 'everest home' finds is a VIA VT8237A/8251 High Definition Audio Controller.

Before I formatted my computer the sound was working fine, albeit I still have the old sound driver from my previous motherboard installed but I don't know which one the pc was using... I can't install the old MB driver because it's a different board make.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry if this is a common problem I should have searched for, (I tried googling it but found nothing directly related to my problem)

Oh, sorry. Forgot to mention It's on-board sound. The sound driver I'm trying to install is 'Soundmax ADI1986A Audio Driver'.

Thanks!

Josh
Xx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users