Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dad User Name Or Password - Error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Johnz414

• Members
  • 452 posts
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 19 December 2004 - 11:21 PM

Why would Bad User Name and/or Password Error keep showing up at startup? I've checked every user name and pass word I can think of that I have to see if they are current and I still get this error all the time. Any ideas? And how to correct this? Thank you.

Windows XP SP 2

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 20 December 2004 - 02:05 AM

Have you ever deleted a user in the start button-->control panel-->user groups?
Sometimes it helps to show hidden files. Check show hidden files & uncheck hide system files. Then navigate to My Computer C:\ (making sure to show the contents of this drive on the left) to the documents & settings and see which users have folders there and whats in 'em. Be slow to delete, but you can copy files if you want. See if Dad has a folder.

Also, does it do it when you start inSafe Mode by tapping F8 repeatedly at a reboot. Start when the screen goes black and keep it up until the screen appears where you can use the up arrow to choose safe mode. Hit enter. Hit enter. Do more than one user name appear at the slightly modified welcome screen?

In fact what do you see at a normal boot, the welcome screen with a user name?

There is a way to see that screen without any user name & windows simply continues to the desktop after a couple seconds of showing it.

Edited by phawgg, 20 December 2004 - 02:12 AM.

patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users