Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2 Sets Of Speakers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 23 October 2006 - 07:03 PM

I was testing out to see if it was my speakers or my computer that make a fuzzy sound when I adjust the sound, and I had an idea I have two speaker female ends on my computer why not plug these other speakers in the other plug too to make a surround type feeling. Well I did but it turns out the speaker's plugged into the back turn out to be really quiet even turning them up all the way. Is there any way to fix this so its louder. I know there really not meant to work this way, but I think it would be cool, and also my other speakers don't make a fuzzy sound when I adjust the volume anymore.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2006 - 07:19 PM

Try relocating the speakers, making sure that the speaker wires aren't next to any power cords. I've seen this happen more than once, where the power cords interfere with the sound coming out of the speakers. I've also seen a friends computer speakers pick up his cordless phone :thumbsup:

You can try adjusting the settings in the audio properties and making it 4 speakers (probably 4.1) to see if that'll make a difference. It may or may not, as there's nothing to seperate the sound to each individual speakers, as there's still only 2 lines going to 4 speakers so the computer recognizes 2 speakers. In a 4.1 or higher surround sound, the signal is broken up at either the sound card (or onboard audio) or at the subwoofer which delivers the "surround sound".

You never know, it might work! Give it a whirl! Good luck with it, I hope it works for you! :flowers:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 Sterling14

Sterling14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2006 - 07:52 PM

Thanks for the help I appreciate it! I tried what you suggested and it's still not doing anything. Would a sound card solve this problem even like a 30$ one?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#4 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:58 PM

Well, sorry it didn't work for you. TBH, I don't think that a sound card would help this. You'll still only have 2 spots to plug speakers into. I believe it's something to do with how the power and signal is sent to each speaker via a subwoofer. Example, my 4.1 surround sound has 2 plugs that plug into my sound card. The other speakers plug in the subwoofer. I'm not really sure of the exact technicalities of it all.....sorry!

Ugh....I just tried the walmart website to get you a link for some surround sound speakers, but their site is down for maintanence. I'd check there to see what kind of speakers you can get. You should be able to get some decent speakers for about $40-$60, which is only a little more than what you were going to pay for a sound card. It's a good investment IMHO.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users