Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Systems Configuration Utility

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 471 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 19 December 2004 - 11:10 PM

Hi,

I find on the Startup Tab of Systems Configuration Utility that there are four programs listed that are no longer on my computer and that were viruses, that's why they are not on my computer any more. But they are still listed on the Startup tab on Systems Configuration Utility. Is there a way to get them off the Startup tab on Sys. Con. Utility? Why would Sys. Con. Utility list programs not on the computer anyhow? These were viruses so there is a little concern but more then that the computer still recommends to have them on at startup? Any ideas?
I'm pretty sure that they are not on the computer any more but I kind of don't even want them listed sense they were viruses. Please let me know if you know how to remove them from this registry. Thank you.

Johnv414

:thumbsup:
John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 20 December 2004 - 02:17 AM

A better and safer approach would be to submit a HJT log to make sure they are not still there, at least I'd feel better about recommending any registry changes knowing for sure that you have an uninfected machine, John. Welcome to BC... it seems from your multiple posts you can learn some things here. :thumbsup:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users