Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Peer To Peer Networking

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 firstchoicegroup

firstchoicegroup

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 23 October 2006 - 12:04 PM

Hello There , Hope you are having a better day than me!!
Can anyone tell me why i cannot put 15 machines on a peer to peer system via hubs the system is to include two printers with no real server .When we get to machine no.11 we are unable to access the shared database on one of the machines ? what do you advise please !!

Mark Thyer

//Mod edit: Moved post from "Windows XP Home and Professional" forum to the more appropriate forum.//

Edited by KoanYorel, 23 October 2006 - 01:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 26 October 2006 - 05:52 PM

Are you using Windows XP Home?

If you are you cannot have anymore than 10 machines on one workgroup.

I would suggest changing your hubs to switches and using Windows XP Professional.

Hubs are not very good at all. The more you have plugged into it, the slower the network goes, if you have a swtich every computer will get full speed.
I came, I saw, I conquered. - Julius Caeser

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users