...The following is our list of "The Ten Most Dangerous Things Users Do Online," along with some explanation of the risks -- and solutions -- associated with each...
1. Clicking on email attachments from unknown senders
2. Installing unauthorized applications
3. Turning off or disabling automated security tools
4. Opening HTML or plain-text messages from unknown senders
5. Surfing gambling, porn, or other legally-risky Websites
6. Giving out passwords, tokens, or smart cards
7. Page 8: Random surfing of unknown, untrusted Websites
8. Attaching to an unknown, untrustworthy WiFi network
9. Filling out Web scripts, forms, or registration pages
10. Participating in chat rooms or social networking sites
If you have not done so already, you may want to read:
- Answers to common security questions - Best Practices for Safe Computing
- Beware of Phony Emails & Tech Support Scams
- How Malware Spreads - How your system gets infected
Edited by quietman7, 30 September 2017 - 08:25 AM.