Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wireless,too much firewall?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 19 December 2004 - 09:35 PM

I have my main PC: ethernet connected with cable modem. It has XP pro,SP2 and a firewall. From here I've connected a Linksys WRT54GS 80211g router. I connect another PC and a laptop on a home network. Second PC is XP Home and lap is Pro both are SP2 and each is firewalled. All have internet working fine. But neither can share the printer or files. In fact neither can see the printer. The 2nd PC can see the 1st but cannot share. The lap is blind. The printer is shared. Are there too many firewalls in the scenario?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 23 December 2004 - 02:53 PM

Way too many firewalls. All the computers that you want on the internal network, but be behind the same firewall with nothing blocking them from reaching each other. If the firewalls permit, you may be able to create specific rules to let them in, but if you trust all the computers on the internal network it is simple to just let them see each other without any restrictions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users