Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Think I Have A Trojan Horse Or Virus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 barbaras

barbaras

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 23 October 2006 - 08:02 AM

Hi. I hope someone can help me. For the last two days, every time I log into my Chase bank account, I was directed to a page that asked me to update my credit card info and social security number. I called Chase and they told me I probably have a trojan horse or virus. I ran Norton, spybot, ad aware and one other spyware program but nothing was found on my computer. The other thing I notice is that for the last few days if I restart my computer, during the boot up, a box comes up asking me if I want to run win43.exe and nodkrn23.exe. These were never part of the boot up before and I'm wondering if they're part of the virus. I tried to search for these files and the search can't find them either. Does anyone have a suggestion on what else I can try? Thanks for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,201 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 23 October 2006 - 08:13 AM

Check the link below for a description of the worm that is on your comp and fix for same.
http://www.sophos.com/security/analyses/w32rbotsa.html

Also suggest you install, update and run in safe mode the AVG7.5
http://www.ewido.net/en/download/

If you are still having problems suggest you post a Hijack This log by following the directions in the link below.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 barbaras

barbaras
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 23 October 2006 - 08:41 AM

Thanks so much for your recommendations. I'll try them now. I very much appreciate your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users