Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Music and Video Tasks Problems.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TahoeJeff

TahoeJeff

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 19 December 2004 - 08:17 PM

Hello! This is my first time here so I'm not sure if this issue has been covered already. Sorry if it has, but I recently installed Media Player 10 on my Dell Inspiron 5100, running XP with service pack 2. I have my media sorted into folders. When browsing these folders there is a tab on the left that says "Music Tasks" or "Video Tasks". Underneath that tab I have the option to Play all, Play Selected, Shop for music online, or copy to audio CD. Here's the problem. I used to just press the Play all or Play selection and Media Player would open up and play the files, but now it only opens up if I double click an individual song or video file. Another option I found was to select all, then go to "File" "Add to now playing list". All of the files are still set up to use Media Player as the default player. I've tried searching for help on Google, but I have found nothing. Any Help would be greatly appreciated! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 19 December 2004 - 08:26 PM

Hello and welcome to BC TahoeJeff

I have a similar player, so I may be able to help out. Highlight the files that you would like to play, right-click and chose open with Media Player 10. You should only have to do this once. This will play them in this player, and the next time you double click one of these files, the file association would have reverted to what you want.

If you restart the computer, it should stay that way.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#3 TahoeJeff

TahoeJeff
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2004 - 09:40 PM

ok...I did that and it opened up the files fine. But what I'd really like to figure out is why the play all option isn't working. I know it may sound lazy, but since I have my stuff sorted by album, its nice to just hit one button. I suppose I could give each folder its own playlist but...wow...that will be tedious. Thanks for your help.

#4 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 19 December 2004 - 09:46 PM

I will tell you what. Allow me to d/l the program and find out for sure. It may take a while to get back to you, as it is likely that I will have to restart my computer to assure the changes.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#5 TahoeJeff

TahoeJeff
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2004 - 10:17 PM

That would be awesome! Thanks a bunch!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users