Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stereo Usb Headset Driver

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 JerryW

JerryW

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 22 October 2006 - 04:09 PM

Iím using a Cyber Acoustics AC-850 Stereo USB headset with microphone on Windows XP Home Ė SP2 and I need to have a software driver that provides control panel functions, i.e., headset volume settings, reverb setting, karaoke settings, etc. This headset came packaged without a software driver included. Can someone direct me to the appropriate website where I can download this driver? Iíve already tried the CyberAcoustics website with no luck, I also tried DriverGuide.comÖno luck. I originally had this driver which was located and installed via a Driver Genius management tool scan. But since then Iíve had to completely reinstall my OS, losing everything.
Jerry L. Winn
"Nothing beats a failure but a try!"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 22 October 2006 - 04:34 PM

Technical Support:
For specific questions regarding your Cyber Acoustics products and its use.
# tech.support@cyberacoustics.com
# Tech Support Phone: (360) 823-4100

#3 JerryW

JerryW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2006 - 04:43 PM

Enthusiast:

Thanks for the info. I'll check them out.
Jerry L. Winn

#4 JerryW

JerryW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2006 - 09:52 AM

Technical Support:
For specific questions regarding your Cyber Acoustics products and its use.
# tech.support@cyberacoustics.com
# Tech Support Phone: (360) 823-4100

I've went to the sites you listed as well as windows update site and still was unable to locate this driver. Instead Windows XP Home Edition installed a generic driver for this device and it works fine but it doesn't have the control panel. I'm able to use the device but I need to have the complete functionality of it. I went to device manager and uninstalled the generic driver...ran windows update and it couldn't locate the driver. I don't know if it is still available or what...
Jerry L. Winn

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:20 AM

Do you have a separate sound card or is the sound adapter onboard the motherboard?

What does the device manager say that the device that is now missing the driver is?

The device and driver are not a function of the headset, but rather a function of your sound card or adapter.

Do you see a speaker icon in your system tray? If you do, double click on it.

It will open a sound control panel. Clisk on "Properties" and place check marks to the left of additional controls you want - microphone, etc.

#6 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:32 AM

Sorry to interupt!

Ermmm......I don't believe that a USB headset will work via a soundcard. The USB is seperate from the soundcard itself, and the sound card only "controlls" what goes through the card itself. The USB headset should get it's drivers from the OS, as it should be "plug and play" and when you first plugged in the headset, it should've said "new hardware found", then after a few seconds, it should've said something like "you're new hardware is installed and ready to use". I've had a few USB headsets (well, 2) and used them on 3 different computers, and on all 3 of them, it did like I said above, new hardware found/installed ready to use.

To controll the audio settings for it, you'll have to do it through windows as Enthusast said. Clicking on the "Advanced" button will give you more options too.

Sorry to interupt! Hope this helps a little bit!
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#7 JerryW

JerryW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2006 - 11:05 AM

Stevealmighty:

Problem solved. Received link to exact driver needed: http://members.driverguide.com/driver/deta...driverid=636457

Thanks for your input!

Do you have a separate sound card or is the sound adapter onboard the motherboard?

What does the device manager say that the device that is now missing the driver is?

The device and driver are not a function of the headset, but rather a function of your sound card or adapter.

It will open a sound control panel. Clisk on "Properties" and place check marks to the left of additional controls you want - microphone, etc.

Enthusiast:

PROBLEM SOLVED!
Jerry L. Winn

#8 JerryW

JerryW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2006 - 11:06 AM

Enthusiast:

PROBLEM SOLVED! Received link to exact driver: http://members.driverguide.com/driver/deta...driverid=636457

Thanks for your input!
Jerry L. Winn

#9 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2006 - 03:41 PM

Enthusiast:

PROBLEM SOLVED! Received link to exact driver: http://members.driverguide.com/driver/deta...driverid=636457

Thanks for your input!

OMG, I was way off! When I had this problem with my USB headset, I called the tech people for my motherboard (Abit) and creative labs, and they told me that there's no drivers for a USB headset, that it's "digital" plug and play! :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet: Wow, I'm glad that Enthusiast was here to square you away! I'm sorry for the bad info I gave, but I had no idea!!!!!
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users