Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Still Having Probs With Virusburst

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 ClayTaurus

ClayTaurus

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 22 October 2006 - 02:12 PM

Like I said, I've followed the post for removing this #$%#$ thing and I'm still getting the pop-ups and the blinking exclamation mark in my toolbar. Any help appreciated. Here's my HJT log.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 2:00:04 PM, on 10/22/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\xampp\apache\bin\apache.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\Program Files\xampp\FileZillaFTP\FileZillaServer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\UStorSrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\xampp\apache\bin\apache.exe
C:\Program Files\PowerCodec\pmsngr.exe
C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\Support.com\bin\tgcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Clay\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for HijackThis(2).zip\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://search.msn.com/spbasic.htm
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?p...amp;ar=iesearch
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?p...&ar=msnhome
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?p...&ar=msnhome
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?p...amp;ar=iesearch
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?p...amp;ar=iesearch
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?p...ER}&ar=home
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,Default_Search_URL = http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?p...amp;ar=iesearch
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02DCA195-602B-4B1F-83FF-381B7E804BDB} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HDBHO.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Protection Bar - {44d22a64-2399-4edf-8b32-f2c729c1e8a7} - C:\Program Files\PowerCodec\iesplugin.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BJCFD] C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tgcmd] "C:\Program Files\Support.com\BellSouth\hcenter.exe" /starthidden /tgcmdwrapper
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: Apache2 - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\xampp\apache\bin\apache.exe" -k runservice (file missing)
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: FileZilla Server FTP server (FileZilla Server) - FileZilla Project - C:\Program Files\xampp\FileZillaFTP\FileZillaServer.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: UStorage Server Service - OTi - C:\WINDOWS\system32\UStorSrv.exe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 24 October 2006 - 02:43 PM

Hello ClayTaurus, and welcome to BleepingComputer. My name is Charles and I will be dealing with your log today.

Please take note of the following:
  • I will start working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine
  • The process is not instant. Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine is clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
Please give me some time to look over your log and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Thanks,
Charles

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2006 - 02:56 PM

Hey ClayTaurus, sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

======

Please download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri)
Extract the content (a folder named SmitfraudFix) to your Desktop.

Open the SmitfraudFix folder and double-click smitfraudfix.cmd
Select option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).
Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.
Thanks,
Charles

Note : process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.
http://www.beyondlogic.org/consulting/proc...processutil.htm

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 ClayTaurus

ClayTaurus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2006 - 08:10 PM

Thank you so much, Charles. Sorry to have taken so long, but I work a crap-load of hours, and haven't been home much. I followed your directions and here's the info that Smitfraud came up with.

SmitFraudFix v2.115

Scan done at 20:04:31.90, Sat 10/28/2006
Run from C:\Documents and Settings\Clay\Desktop\SmitfraudFix\SmitfraudFix
OS: Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600] - Windows_NT
Fix run in normal mode

C:\

C:\WINDOWS

C:\WINDOWS\system

C:\WINDOWS\Web

C:\WINDOWS\system32

C:\Documents and Settings\Clay

C:\Documents and Settings\Clay\Application Data

Start Menu

C:\DOCUME~1\Clay\FAVORI~1

Desktop

C:\Program Files

C:\Program Files\PowerCodec\ FOUND !

Corrupted keys

Desktop Components

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\Components\0]
"Source"="About:Home"
"SubscribedURL"="About:Home"
"FriendlyName"="My Current Home Page"

Sharedtaskscheduler
!!!Attention, following keys are not inevitably infected!!!

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri
Search SharedTaskScheduler's .dll

AppInit_DLLs
!!!Attention, following keys are not inevitably infected!!!

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
"AppInit_DLLs"=""

pe386-msguard-lzx32

Scanning wininet.dll infection

End

Thanks again,
C

#5 ClayTaurus

ClayTaurus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2006 - 09:30 PM

I guess Charles got too busy, no problem there as beggers can't be bleepy, but does anyone else have any suggestions? The pop-ups are getting out of control.

#6 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2006 - 12:03 PM

Hey ClayTaurus, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. The reason you had to wait so long was because i am not fully qualified in HJT yet, so an expert has to review my fixes before I post them to you. Unfortunately, the person who was helping me with your log went away for a week, and I think everyone else forgot about your topic for a while. So, once again, I apologize, and I hope you won't have to wait as long in the future.

======

You should print out these instructions, or copy them to a NotePad file for reading while in Safe Mode, because you will not be able to connect to the Internet to read from this site.

======

Next, please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :
  • Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter".
  • Choose your usual account.
Once in Safe Mode, open the SmitfraudFix folder again and double-click smitfraudfix.cmd
Select option #2 - Clean by typing 2 and press "Enter" to delete infected files.

You will be prompted : "Registry cleaning - Do you want to clean the registry ?"; answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter" in order to remove the Desktop background and clean registry keys associated with the infection.

The tool will now check if wininet.dll is infected. You may be prompted to replace the infected file (if found); answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter".

The tool may need to restart your computer to finish the cleaning process; if it doesn't, please restart it into Normal Windows.
A text file will appear onscreen, with results from the cleaning process; please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.
The report can also be found at the root of the system drive, usually at C:\rapport.txt

Warning : running option #2 on a non infected computer will remove your Desktop background.

======

Post back with C:\rapport.txt and a new HijackThis log.
Thanks,
Charles

Posted Image

#7 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2006 - 06:43 AM

Due to lack of feedback, this topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team
a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users