Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Technika Webcam Problems

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 HEL_Master

HEL_Master

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 22 October 2006 - 01:04 PM

I bought a technika webcam from tesco recently, when i try to install it this is the screen i get.. i have thrown out the reciet and cannot refund it, is there any way i can instlal it, there is no help website for it either.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,324 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 22 October 2006 - 01:26 PM

The link below offers causes and solutions for the error message you received:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888019
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 HEL_Master

HEL_Master
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2006 - 02:03 PM

new problem. there seems to be a "msiexec.exe" on my processes tab that i cannot end, i think this is why i cant install some things, because whenever i try to install something i get the message "Error 1500 another install is in progress" this might have something to do with it, i am not sure.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,324 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2006 - 02:19 PM

Did you see this on the site and attempt this fix?

Stop other instances of Windows Installer
To stop other instances of Windows Installer, follow these steps:
1. Right-click the taskbar, and then click Task Manager.
2. Click the Processes tab.
3. Click Msiexec.exe in the Processes list, and then click End Process.
4. Click Yes.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each instance of Msiexec.exe.
6. Close Task Manager.

Will you edit your first post and remove the graphic? I can see an email address and some language that isn't permitted on this site. Thanks

Edited by buddy215, 22 October 2006 - 02:27 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 HEL_Master

HEL_Master
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2006 - 02:39 PM

yeah thats what the problem is, it wont let me terminate the process.. its only that one though, it will let me terminate any other one wich happens to be running.

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,324 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2006 - 02:46 PM

Can you give info on what process want cooperate? Also reread my last post. Thanks

#7 HEL_Master

HEL_Master
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2006 - 03:05 PM

my reply was to your last post. it cant be ended. it is called msiexec.exe and there is one that is alwasy there, right next to svchost.

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,324 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2006 - 03:52 PM

How about checking the location of that file on your comp to make sure it is not in one of the locations mentioned in the article below. Also, is there only one instance of this process? The reason asked you to reread my last post was because I had edited it to ask you to edit your first post to remove the graphic because I can see an email address and inappropriate language.

msiexec.exe file information

The process Windows® installer or Windows? installer belongs to the software Windows Installer - Unicode by Microsoft Corporation (www.microsoft.com).

Description: msiexec.exe is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32 or sometimes in a subfolder of "C:\Program Files". Known file sizes on Windows XP are 78848 bytes (73% of all occurrence), 77312 bytes, 63488 bytes, 64512 bytes, 77824 bytes.
It is a Windows core system file. msiexec.exe is a trustworthy file from Microsoft. The program is not visible. Therefore the technical security rating is 2% dangerous, however also read the users reviews.

If msiexec.exe is located in the folder C:\Windows then the security rating is 75% dangerous. File size is 55296 bytes (85% of all occurrence), 78848 bytes. The process is loaded during the Windows boot process (see Registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Shell, HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run, HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Runonce). msiexec.exe is not a Windows system file. Program has no file description. The program has no visible window. msiexec.exe is an unknown file in the Windows folder. Program uses ports to connect to LAN or Internet.

Important: Some malware camouflage themselves as msiexec.exe, particularly if they are located in c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder. Thus check the msiexec.exe process on your pc whether it is pest.

Edited by buddy215, 22 October 2006 - 03:54 PM.

#9 Chris_com28

Chris_com28

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:03 AM

I've only read the OP. Just thought I'd drop by and say I've had problems with thier webcam as well. Using a simple Google search it seems you're not alone. I think it's probably best to avoid Technika (especially their webcams) in future. I'm going to check the specs of my current cam and see if I can get a better one for a good price in my nearest computer shop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users