Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Slomoz

Slomoz

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 21 October 2006 - 11:27 PM

OE lost the organizational structure for all my folders. All folders were just in one long list under Local Folders. As I began re-organizing into folders, sub-folders, etc., I discovered several folders were missing.

I checked and the .dbx files for those folders are still in my OE store folder.

The only thing I've tried so far is giving the existing folder.dbx file a bogus extension so OE would create another. It did, but still didn't include the "missing" .dbx files.

How do I get those missing .dbx files and their contents to show up as folders in OE again?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 22 October 2006 - 10:43 AM

I haven't used OE for a some time now,but have you tried using OE's File/Import/Messages to import from the store directory the DBX files are in?
Then you can recreate the OE sub folders and do the drag and drop method to reorganize all your e-mail.

General OE Caveats:
- Don't use Inbox or Sent Items to archive messages. Move them to local folders created for this purpose.
- Empty Deleted Items folder daily.
- Disable Background Compacting [N/A in SP2] and frequently perform a manual compact of all OE folders while "working offline".
- Do not attempt to close OE via Task Manager or shutdown your machine if Automatic Compacting is taking place (WinXP SP2 only).
- Your anti-virus application's email scanning feature can also cause corruption.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users