Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor (out Of Frequency)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 swas

swas

• Members
  • 149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 21 October 2006 - 03:52 PM

Hi everyone :thumbsup: When I try to play a video game That i just bought the monitor goes blank except for a screen that says "out of frequency" then it goes into standby mode. Most of my other games are newer than this particular one, and i've never had this problem before, anyone have any ideas???

thanks for any help

swas
How beautiful it is to do nothing, and then rest afterward

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 J_pyro_C

J_pyro_C

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 21 October 2006 - 11:34 PM

that is far the strangest thing ive heard in the past year.weird I would really like to know why its doing this aswell so people if you know why,please awnser.

Regards,
Josh

#3 xtatik222k

xtatik222k

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2006 - 03:16 AM

Perhaps the resolution of your monitor cannot display the res the game is trying to operate at?

#4 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2006 - 04:39 AM

What about your video card? Can it handle the new game? What game is it? :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2006 - 10:19 AM

Sounds like the screen refresh rate has been changed to something, incompatable with the monitor.
Try this:
Go into Safe Mode.
How to start Windows in Safe Mode
Control Panel / Appearance and Themes / Display / Settings tab / Advanced button / Monitor tab
Set the Screen refresh rate: to 60.
Apply / OK
Reboot, and see if that works.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 swas

swas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 149 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2006 - 02:02 PM

Hi everyone, sorry about the late response. I tried changing the monitor refresh rate, but that didn't fix it, so i'm not sure what the deal is. It just seems strange since i can play all these new video games that have much higher graphics, but this goofy fishing game made three years ago shuts down my monitor :thumbsup: LOL Oh well life goes on thanks for the responses. Have a good day

SWAS

P.S. i'm using a nividia 6800 video card

Edited by swas, 24 October 2006 - 02:03 PM.

How beautiful it is to do nothing, and then rest afterward

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users