Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

In Game Keyboard Problem

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jbmoisin

jbmoisin

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 PM

Posted 21 October 2006 - 01:36 PM

I recently have this problem with my keyboard when playing games. For example, on doom3 and far cry, when i walk forward, it'll stop walking after a few seconds. I have to retouch the button to make the character move again. This is very annoying especially when i want to walk or run. The same thing happen when i want to do the side steps too. Needless to say, each time i want to move by holding down a key for a few seconds, the character will stop moving. If i want to move again, i have to let go of the key, and struck it down again.

Btw, my keyboard is working perfectly, so i'm guessing there's a configuration that prevent me to hold down a key for a long time. The problem is, i don't know where i could find the configuration. Is it in the game itself, or in windows configuration?

Any help will be much appreciated.
Posted Image
For the team from the Eternal City, 90 minutes at Old Trafford must have seemed an eternity indeed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnDMillard

JohnDMillard

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2006 - 03:26 PM

I'm assuming your using windows XP here. Try looking in control panel acecessibility options then the keyboard tab it could be that one of the sticky keys or filter keys settings are messing you up since this is happening in more than one game.
John the Duck

#3 jbmoisin

jbmoisin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2006 - 03:30 PM

I'm assuming your using windows XP here. Try looking in control panel acecessibility options then the keyboard tab it could be that one of the sticky keys or filter keys settings are messing you up since this is happening in more than one game.

Yeah, im using xp.

On the acessibility option, i have sticky keys, filter keys and toggle keys off. So, are you saying that i should on one of them?

Hey, thanks for the quick reply btw. :thumbsup:
Posted Image
For the team from the Eternal City, 90 minutes at Old Trafford must have seemed an eternity indeed.

#4 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 21 October 2006 - 04:49 PM

I don't think it would be sticky keys because that only happens when you press a button like shift multiple times within a few seconds.

Could your keyboard be one with many features and its own drivers or something? I have no idea really, so thats just a guess.

#5 jbmoisin

jbmoisin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2006 - 05:19 PM

I don't think it would be sticky keys because that only happens when you press a button like shift multiple times within a few seconds.

Could your keyboard be one with many features and its own drivers or something? I have no idea really, so thats just a guess.

It's a microsoft wireless keyboard. And i've check the software, there's nothing to do with the problem i'm having. Pff, i'm seriously clueless here... :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#6 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 22 October 2006 - 10:48 AM

I too have a Microsoft Wireless keyboard, and mouse. I've read reviews where people complain of the problem and I've had it too. The only solution I've found is to elevate the reciever and have as clear of a view between the keyboard and reciever as you can get. Mine is actually hanging down from the bookcase on my desk.
They are very picky about having a clear view of each other. :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#7 jbmoisin

jbmoisin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2006 - 12:02 PM

I too have a Microsoft Wireless keyboard, and mouse. I've read reviews where people complain of the problem and I've had it too. The only solution I've found is to elevate the reciever and have as clear of a view between the keyboard and reciever as you can get. Mine is actually hanging down from the bookcase on my desk.
They are very picky about having a clear view of each other. :thumbsup:

Yeah, i found that too. But since then, the distance between my keyboard and reciever is not more than 20cm! And i don't have the problem when typing. It's just happen when i press the key in a long period.
Posted Image

#8 Redd Nekk

Redd Nekk

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 30 November 2006 - 03:48 PM

I have the same affliction. XP pro, BF1942. Game is unplayable. I have tried all suggestions here too! One day it was fine, then one day never again! WTF!? Microsoft Wireless Multimedia desktop. I played this game for years, with several keyboards. With THIS keybord for at least 6 months. It's really aggravating. I can't play!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users