Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp Pro Starts Logging In Then Immediately Logs Out

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kinnish

Kinnish

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 21 October 2006 - 11:05 AM

Hello, i've been googling around to no avail for my problem. I am running a very new (although i transferred a few files from my old computer which was functioning and a few downloaded programs) Windows XP Pro SP2 OEM. Suddenly, i logged in recently on my account and couldn't get past the welcome screen. Why? After i logged in, i would be logged out after a quick cruel glimpse of my background picture. I've tried several things

1) Repair install, Didnt fix it.

2) A procedure involving userinit.exe and wsaupdater which in around 2005 was the solution for a spyware Blazefinder which was creating similar problems

3) SFC/Scannow (To scan system folders) but i received a 0x000006Ba error (RPC server not available).

4) I am hopelessly lost...

5) Creating a few more accounts in safe mode to see if it my account. They all exhibit the same problem.

6) I disabled system restore, I heard it can cause problems with malware using it and had planned on imaging my harddrive biweekly. I hadnt tried that yet though since i only had the computer for 12 days..:thumbsup:

I cannot get into a regular boot up of my computer on any account

I can get into safe mode
I can get into repair console

Edit: At one time Avg Free managed to update quickly and i saw the screen pop up. That's a clue i think...?

Thanks,

Kinnishian

Edited by Kinnish, 21 October 2006 - 11:45 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Kinnish

Kinnish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2006 - 11:08 AM

Oops, i found this http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...&hl=logging
I'll take a look ______ Ok, that didnt work. Just repair install suggestions and full reinstall suggestions. I'm *hoping* i can avoid the latter...

Edited by Kinnish, 21 October 2006 - 11:15 AM.

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 21 October 2006 - 11:19 AM

Try running the following in safe mode with networking:

Go to Windows Live Onecare Free Scan
It will say "Get a free PC safety scan"
http://safety.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm

Make sure you click "Full Service Scan" in the middle of the page and
not the "Try It Now Free" on the right side.

Allow it to download Active X components.
Choose "Complete Scan" in the window that opens
Click "Next"
Do not click on anything else that offers you a free trial or to sign up if you live in the US.

Allow it to scan - it may take quite a while, maybe two hours or so depending on how big your hard drive is and how fragmented your registry and drive are.

#4 Kinnish

Kinnish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2006 - 11:28 AM

Thanks, I'll try that. It just hit me perhaps why i didnt have internet working in safe mode + networking.

I repair installed, and i guess that messed my drivers. My ethernet drivers aren't installed.

I do however have recent antivirus definetions and antispyware definitions from 4ish hours before i discovered the problems when i had updated. And one time my AVG Free updated and broke through the logging out proccess. Somehow it has resource access to do that...?

#5 Kinnish

Kinnish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2006 - 01:57 PM

Ha! SOB! Thanks Kakomu!

I had hijackthis already on my comp because i figured it would be a good thing to have. So in safe mode i ran it. i found this nasty little applitDLL described as something that loads into your memory while booting before any other processes. Fixed that and now im up and running. the weird thing is, in the system32 folder (where its located) i clicked it to check its properties and it said "module required fro SpyCathcer". wtf?

i deleted another called "intercepthelp". but the "interceptor" will not delete, not even in safe mode.

I'm free!!!!! I found this, and fixed it with MyLordjin's tool Hijackthis :-)!!!! woohooO!! Any suggestions for followups now that i can log in normally?

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,077 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 22 October 2006 - 07:06 AM

http://support.microsoft.com/search/defaul...?qu=0x000006ba+

Also, the http://safety.live.com/ scan is probably your best bet now.

Finally, how did you "fix" this? Did you use HiJackThis to delete the entry? If so, be advised that this may not "fix" things for long - they may just pop back up (HJT results are linked to particular entries in the registry - if the spyware has more than one entry in the registry, then you'll only be getting a part of it).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 will562

will562

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 27 October 2006 - 05:28 PM

Hi I have the same problem but I cannon log on in safe mode so is there any way I can get into my computer. Exact same thing happened to me that I updated some spyware files and then it stopped working. Any help would be appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users