1) Repair install, Didnt fix it.
2) A procedure involving userinit.exe and wsaupdater which in around 2005 was the solution for a spyware Blazefinder which was creating similar problems
3) SFC/Scannow (To scan system folders) but i received a 0x000006Ba error (RPC server not available).
4) I am hopelessly lost...
5) Creating a few more accounts in safe mode to see if it my account. They all exhibit the same problem.
6) I disabled system restore, I heard it can cause problems with malware using it and had planned on imaging my harddrive biweekly. I hadnt tried that yet though since i only had the computer for 12 days..
I cannot get into a regular boot up of my computer on any account
I can get into safe mode
I can get into repair console
Edit: At one time Avg Free managed to update quickly and i saw the screen pop up. That's a clue i think...?
Edited by Kinnish, 21 October 2006 - 11:45 AM.