Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dvd Rewriter Has Stopped Working.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wilkie

wilkie

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 21 October 2006 - 09:50 AM

I have updated my motherboard to an Abit Fatal1ty AN8-SLi and after putting everything back into my box my Sony DVD-ReWriter has stopped working correctly. It is listed correctly in the Device Manager but whenever I try to install software from a CD nothing happens for a long time then a window comes up saying "Only part of read process memory or write process memory request was completed". On the disc the setup icons do not look as they should do. Also I was able to reload windows xp from it's discs with no problems.
Any ideas please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wilkie

wilkie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 21 October 2006 - 10:22 AM

The DVD ReWriter is a Sony AW-G170A, if that helps.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 22 October 2006 - 07:47 AM

Try uninstalling the device in Device Manager, then reboot to let Windows detect it.

Did you install the proper motherboard/chipset drivers when you installed the new mobo?

Did you just move your hard drive (with Windows installed) into the new system?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users