Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Each Time I Boot Up My Computer I Get This Message ...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mypenry

mypenry

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 20 October 2006 - 11:44 PM

Each Time I boot up my computer I get this message ...

Windows Installer ...........Microsoft Office Proffessional Edition 2003

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource
that is un-avaiable

Click Ok to try again , or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation
package PRO11.MSl in the browser box below.

Ive tried to fined this PRO11.MSl ( no hidden folders option set )
but no luck, As this is a new computer I dont remember ever seeing Microsoft Office Proffessional Edition 2003
when I click Start > all programs > Microsoft Office ...?

any advice or comments most welcome
Thanks .....Mypenry

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phantazy

phantazy

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 21 October 2006 - 01:22 AM

You do not say if you have tried to install office, if this is anew machine you may be missing some drivers. This may help:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;257718
phantazy

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 21 October 2006 - 01:27 AM

Try a "detect and repair" under "help".

#4 mypenry

mypenry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2006 - 01:46 AM

Thanks ..Guy's for the info,

Ive never seen on the Programs menu ,.....Microsoft Office Proffessional Edition 2003

or tried to install it...? should this application come with Windows XP Pro Media Edition , which was pre loaded on this new machine..?

may be a silly ''Newbie Question'' but I can't find ( detect and repair" under "help".)

Thanks ........... Mypenry

#5 Cobra2

Cobra2

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 AM

Posted 21 October 2006 - 08:05 AM

Hi mypenry

Its very possible that it was preinstalled, but this bundle software is only on a trial
basis. have You checked in Control Panel / Add /Remove ,if its there delete it, if not and Your familiar
at the Run command type msconfig and check the startup tab and see if You can see it , if yes
uncheck it and reboot, do only one thing at a time !!

Have a Nice Day :thumbsup:

#6 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 21 October 2006 - 10:18 AM

The "Detect and Repair" function would be in the help section accessed in one of the Office aps.

XP Pro does not come with MS Office, in fact, no Microsoft op system comes with any version of Office.

Office Standard Edition 2003 is $399.00, Office Professional 2003 is $499.00, and Office Small Business Edition 2003 is $449.00.

Is it possible that someone tried to install a trial version of any Office version?
There are trial versions available for the Standard Edition and the Professional Edition. I suppose it is possible that it could have come with the bundled software on a new computer.

Look in add/remove programs which you access in the control panel and see if Office is listed there, and if it is, exactly what is listed.

If this is a new computer you may need to contact the manufacturer's support and make sure you didn't pay for Office in the price of the computer.

In any case, if it is not in add/remove programs you may need their assistance to resolve the problem you are having.

If you have either a Manufacturer's Restore CD or a Windows XP CD we could help you reinstall XP or in some other way resolve the issue, but being that this is a new computer under warranty you should have the manufacturer resolve the problem.

Let us know.

Edited by Enthusiast, 21 October 2006 - 10:20 AM.

#7 mypenry

mypenry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2006 - 04:50 AM

Thanks Guy's for all your advice, comments I went back to the supplier,
and it looks as if some where along my surfing road some thing tried to install a trial version ... ? the guy tracked it down , and now its gone
so again Many thanks for your time and help....

Mypenry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users