Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Linux Screenshots

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 cybormoron

cybormoron

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 20 October 2006 - 10:41 PM

like desktop screenshots? this site is all about linux desktop shots. you don't even have to register to upload yours. there are some very good shots here.
http://www.lynucs.org/index.php
I can no longer sit back and allow Microsoft infiltration, Microsoft indoctrination, Microsoft subversion, and the international Microsoft conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious open source GNU/Linux operating systems. General Jack D. Ripper.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 El_Tel

El_Tel

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 21 October 2006 - 02:07 PM

:trumpet: Cybormoron

Another bookmark :inlove: for when my "Windows :thumbsup: ME" finally :) crashes, I certainly B) will not be rushing back too the repair shop to have it re-installed. Ubuntu :cool: for me is the way to go; I just hope I can master this "Linux" before it crashes for GOOD...

But hay' :) I've always got you GR8 chaps to help me out :flowers:
Posted Image

Tarrah then... Why not check my Intro

Many Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day...

#3 cybormoron

cybormoron
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2006 - 04:57 PM

cool, hope ya like it El_Tel. it's not so hard to learn linux. i'm far from being a master. even the masters don't think they are masters. i used to go back and forth between windoze and linux but i wasn't learning much. finally i decided to just stay booted in linux. whatever i needed to do i was bound and determined to learn how in linux. i wasn't gonna boot my windoze. as of now i haven't booted windoze in about 8 months, looooool. so i've managed to learn all i need for now and i just keep learning a bit more everyday.
I can no longer sit back and allow Microsoft infiltration, Microsoft indoctrination, Microsoft subversion, and the international Microsoft conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious open source GNU/Linux operating systems. General Jack D. Ripper.

#4 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 AM

Posted 31 October 2006 - 04:42 PM

That is the way to go. Linux is really great indeed. Best of luck to all linux users because one day linux will become a big thing.

Edited by ComputerWhizz7, 31 October 2006 - 04:43 PM.

I came, I saw, I conquered. - Julius Caeser

#5 kbk

kbk

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2006 - 03:20 PM

That is the way to go. Linux is really great indeed. Best of luck to all linux users because one day linux will become a big thing.

We all hope so.. I have a few linux screenshots of my own, mostly Fluxbox because everyone is always mystified by it :D... Here they are: http://kbkforum.com/kbk123/snapshot1.png and http://kbkforum.com/kbk123/snapshot1.png I do have more but they aren't uploaded yet..
www.thisisbeyondbelief.com

#6 judogoblin98

judogoblin98

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 13 November 2006 - 01:24 PM

Alas, if only i could run linux like that i can only use small versions of linux that don't need a fast processor.
Which came first the chicken or the egg? ...Who cares the real question is what is more fun to drop off a ten story building! Tell me here

#7 Joedude

Joedude

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 13 November 2006 - 05:24 PM

Debian, Slackware, DSL

just to name 3. Great distro's, useable by almost anything...I think Knoppix is supposed to be like that as well.

I am running Ubuntu on one of my old machines here...A P1 433MHz, 128 MB ram machine. It's got Gnome up and running great. If youfeel like looking up the macchine, it's an old HP Pavilion 6465. I plan on putting Debian on it soon. It's officially my tinker with box for right now.

Edited by Joedude, 13 November 2006 - 05:27 PM.

If someone tells you to su rm -rf /
DON'T DO IT!!!!
Be in the know, Bash smart!

#8 acidburned

acidburned

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2006 - 05:27 PM

you could probably use any linux just use a lighter desktop.like fluxbox,icewm,and xfce.

#9 acidburned

acidburned

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2006 - 05:30 PM

hey kbk nice shots,but why arnt you using adesklets with yab and rox filer with pinboard.could make them look cooler

#10 kbk

kbk

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:08 PM

Those were from awhile ago, and I don't like to modify things too much because I switch around alot.. Hopefully I'll be switching again in the next couple months (to SuSE), then I'll do some of that stuff.

#11 Joedude

Joedude

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 14 November 2006 - 02:56 AM

Those were from awhile ago, and I don't like to modify things too much because I switch around alot.. Hopefully I'll be switching again in the next couple months (to SuSE), then I'll do some of that stuff.

Until this business between Novell and MS is done, Suse is off my list as alternatives. I used to be a SUse Fan until Novell did this. Whether I use it again or not is going to dtermine on how bad the deal with the devil is.
If someone tells you to su rm -rf /
DON'T DO IT!!!!
Be in the know, Bash smart!

#12 cybormoron

cybormoron
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2006 - 03:23 AM

Posted Image

#13 judogoblin98

judogoblin98

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2006 - 12:57 PM

oh, i know that i can still run linux i'm preparing to try slackware but with my old machine there is no way i can run ubuntu or any other finer products. I probably could but i don't have the money to get more ram for my laptop right now.
Which came first the chicken or the egg? ...Who cares the real question is what is more fun to drop off a ten story building! Tell me here

#14 thenoose

thenoose

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 14 November 2006 - 01:07 PM

We all hope so.. I have a few linux screenshots of my own, mostly Fluxbox because everyone is always mystified by it :D... Here they are: http://kbkforum.com/kbk123/snapshot1.png and http://kbkforum.com/kbk123/snapshot1.png I do have more but they aren't uploaded yet..

Im using ubuntu, but how can i get the taskbar to stack in two rows like in your screenie?
Posted Image

#15 kbk

kbk

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2006 - 03:40 PM

For one, I use KDE, and Ubuntu has GNOME. So I don't know how it would be done in GNOME. I did it by only leaving room for the two columns (if I remember right).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users