Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dvd Movies Launching The Web Browser For Promo

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 romrix

romrix

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 20 October 2006 - 10:25 PM

I need to know if it is possible for a DVD movie disc or a music disc to place files into the "Temporary Internet Files" cache folder by playing the disc on a computer not connected to the internet.
If this is possible is there any documentation of this available?

My sister uses a computer not connected to the internet (but is connected to another computer via cat5) running WindowsXP with Internet Explorer 6.

The "Temporary Internet Files" cache folder on her computer contained only two files, "Index.dat" which is normal, and another, a picture file advertising a movie in spanish which she could not read as she speaks/reads only english.
It is the second file of which I am concerned. Is there any other way this picture file could get into the "Temporary Internet Files" cache folder other than being connected to the internet. She has played DVD's on the computer and I think music CD's but I'm not sure.

P.S. I would also need some documentation if available to show her Superiors.
This may sound trivial but it has severe repercussions for her if the computer has been online.
I cannot explain why but my sisters' future may depend on the answer.
Thank you in advance.

-Neil

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users