Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Belkin Usb Interface Won't Work

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ONE

ONE

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 20 October 2006 - 07:30 PM

I bought the Belkin USb 7 port adapter today. My computer recognizes it and says all the drivers are up to date and working. Everytime I try to plug a USb device in nothing happens. I'm currently trying to run my Midi Keyboard, and two protection keys; a Cubase security key and a Motu Symphonic security key. There is no response at all. I then thought, maybe it won't work for these devices, but it would not even recognize my thumb-drive; Kingston 1Gb. I followed the short set of direction that came with it. I then uninstalled the drives and tried again, nothing. These devices work when pluged directly in to the computers USb slot. I have searched all over and everyone says theirs works great no problems running printers, cameras, and the like. I'm currently running XP professional, completely updated. I don't know what to try next, any advice is greatly appreciated. It seems like this should be so simple; I should have just skipped on the convenience of USb on my desk top and went for the PCI card. Thanks for any help offered.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fleamailman

fleamailman

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 20 October 2006 - 07:37 PM

It is mains powered, that could be faulty, if there is not enough power it will read and be read but it won't work. good thing that you can take it back and have it changed, lucky this didn't happen later.
everyday is a gift

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users