Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant Get Usb Item Recognized

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lokizz

lokizz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 20 October 2006 - 03:03 PM

i recently bought a usb controller adapter for my pc and after insertign the disk into my drive and downloading all the drivers i plug the controller into my pc and when i try and get it recognized it always tells me i need to put in my windows 98 se disk and when i do this nothing happens and i end up having to cancel out of it and starting over and over again. any help in getting aroudn this would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 26 October 2006 - 01:31 AM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer lokizz
Sorry it took so long to respond.
Have you tried a different PCI slot? I had not had this problem in a long time but I did notice that Windows 9x was sometimes picky about which slot the cards were in. This was especialy true with communications (Modems), specialized cards like SCSI , and ISA slots. This problem is pretty much a thing of the passed with modern system (NT, W2k, XP).
Have you tried uninstalling the card, from the device manager, then booting and allowing Windows to "Discover" the card on it's own, and let 98 prompt you for the drivers?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users