Posted 20 October 2006 - 02:02 PM
My computer would freeze around 10 times daily...Not at any specific time, but just randomly. I
1. Ran several virus scans, no viruses were found.
2. Re-installed windows, but still freezes,
3. Ran memtest to check if my memory wasn't working fine, but no errors found.
4. My CPU fan was making a lot of noise, so I bought a new CPU fan and it still froze.
5. Ran hard drive diagnostics, no errors.
6. Bought a new power supply (everyone told me that it could be my power supply and the voltage might be fluctuating, i.e. a bad power supply), still the computer froze.
What could the problem be?? Please let me know.